Author Topic: So.. Steam Greenlight  (Read 4744 times)

Premmy

• Underling
So.. Steam Greenlight
« on: September 10, 2012, 05:23:07 AM »

FitzChivalry

• Underling
Re: So.. Steam Greenlight
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 05:26:42 AM »
Someone else might be more useful, but I seem to recall I used to have CoH installed via the steam client and they used to sell it in their store back before it went F2P at any rate (possibly during the days of the old CoH launcher, rather than the NCSoft one...).

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 05:31:43 AM »
Someone else might be more useful, but I seem to recall I used to have CoH installed via the steam client and they used to sell it in their store back before it went F2P at any rate (possibly during the days of the old CoH launcher, rather than the NCSoft one...).

/this

the architect version and GR versions were both sold on steam and i actually DL'd the game through steam, it was taken off of steam when the game switched launchers and when it went f2p

it would be nice to see it on steam again, however i have heard that in order to get on the steam greenlight you actually have to pay valve money

im not saying this route is not an option, but if valve decides to try to buy coh then it will be on steam anyway if they get it

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 05:38:27 AM »
/this

the architect version and GR versions were both sold on steam and i actually DL'd the game through steam, it was taken off of steam when the game switched launchers and when it went f2p

it would be nice to see it on steam again, however i have heard that in order to get on the steam greenlight you actually have to pay valve money

im not saying this route is not an option, but if valve decides to try to buy coh then it will be on steam anyway if they get it
Trying to make a move via greenlight might make them more receptive to buying the game?  Just a thought, I could be totally wrong.

Dr Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • Dr Shadow Champion server/ @Leila_L twitter
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 05:41:26 AM »
Not only that, it seems Nexon (who are the majority share owners of NCSOFT )are there already.
 http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/6/22/3111010/nexon-bringing-its-free-to-play-catalog-to-steam
But that got me thinking... DCUO is on steam, and if Nexon putting their games there...not much room for City of Heroes... just a thought
Dr Shadow- Champion Server @Leila_L twitter

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 05:49:43 AM »
Champions is there, too.

Also, this.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Premmy

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 05:52:14 AM »
I'm pretty sure we as a group can put up 100 bucks.

Tiberian Fiend

• Minion
  • Canis tiberius
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 05:55:57 AM »
It's $100, and it goes to charity.  It weeds out the spam and joke postings.  We have to actually own the game before we put it on Greenlight, though.
The Titantic Tiberian Fiend

Premmy

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 06:25:41 AM »
Trying to make a move via greenlight might make them more receptive to buying the game?  Just a thought, I could be totally wrong.
This was my perspective. They've given us an environment explicitly designed to voice our desires and even sway their opinions. Whatever action is taken concerning Valve, Greenlight shouldn't be ignored.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 06:51:52 AM »
It's $100, and it goes to charity.  It weeds out the spam and joke postings.  We have to actually own the game before we put it on Greenlight, though.
$100 isn't much at all, even if just a fraction of us pitched in $5 we'd have enough before you could blink.  Actually owning the game provides a challenge.  If we come into possession of the game, it'd be an interesting place to start as a way of getting new players and start turning the game back into what it was. 

@B0FH

• Underling
  • Badge Hunting Since 1809
    • B0FH.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 06:53:53 AM »
The Greenlight option is probably better suited to the Sunset forum side of things rather than the #SaveCoH side?
@B0FH
"If there's anything more important than my ego I want it caught and shot now..." - Zaphod Beablebrox

Premmy

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 07:34:21 AM »
The Greenlight option is probably better suited to the Sunset forum side of things rather than the #SaveCoH side?
I was more thinking with this going on, trying to leverage Greenlight would be a good idea.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 09:15:52 AM »
I was more thinking with this going on, trying to leverage Greenlight would be a good idea.
I agree, I would say leave it here.