Author Topic: Tweeting on G4  (Read 2510 times)

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
Tweeting on G4
« on: September 10, 2012, 01:38:02 AM »
From Facebook, not sure if we want to act on this or not:

CoH friends! This is a message from my Inbox!: "tell everyone on game to overload the live tweet scroll of g4tv's xplay and attack of the show monday through friday starting at 6:30p eastern. you get g4tv you get all the gamers."

Seems like a solid idea to me. If there's no objections, I think we ought to start trying for it this week.
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Tweeting on G4
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 01:46:00 AM »
I suppose as long as it's not too annoying.  Don't want to overdo it and make people angry.  That would be counterproductive.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 02:05:28 AM »
I sent a "tip" to the XPlay folks.  It's worth sending them another with links to the coverage of the past couple of days, particularly the Unity Rally and the bigger sites like Massively, Kotaku, and whatever others are big.  (I honestly should have looked that up, and I'm sorry that I didn't, but I'm in the middle of a break from Java homework that's due tomorrow.)

Given the power of Twitter, I'm with eabrace in advising temperance.  We want them on our side, so an accidental DoS would be bad. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 02:08:57 AM »
That was my concern as well, but it's been explained to me that the feed actually goes into a monitoring room and they pick and choose what they want up. So there's a chance that we might not even get on the wall.
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

frostcoh

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 02:14:49 AM »
Also tell them to bring back Code Monkeys :D 

No, really, I'll send a tweet a day asking what's up with #savecoh and have they reported on it.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 02:44:59 AM »
That was my concern as well, but it's been explained to me that the feed actually goes into a monitoring room and they pick and choose what they want up. So there's a chance that we might not even get on the wall.

So, it's a tightrope.  If we carpet bomb, they'll get annoyed and just block us from the live feed in the monitor room, but repeated variations on, "So, I hear this #SaveCoH thing is really gaining traction," will be about as noticed as, oh, say, random NPCs wandering Atlas Park offering banalities of encouragement.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 04:18:30 AM »
Although when the random engine flakes out and you see the massive line of NPCs all on one sidewalk that makes you do a doubletake and grin... you just have to go take a look at it. (No, I don't mean go flood the channel, just pointing out that when something weird happens it can be rather entertaining and make you take notice enough to take a look)

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 04:24:32 AM »
Don't they normally show the tweet thing when they're actively talking about the subject? I'm asking because I've been on satellite TV for a long time now and can't watch the show/DVR. >.<
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 05:03:34 AM »
i havent been able to watch G4 for almost 2-3 years now because directv decided to cut them

i used to always watch G4

ive honestly not been keeping up with G4 stuff much lately because they lost all their good show hosts (adam sessler, kevin pierera are the 2 more notable ones)