Author Topic: Where Are The Heroes?  (Read 2235 times)

Ranter

• Underling
Where Are The Heroes?
« on: September 09, 2012, 02:10:53 PM »
I came back to CoH for the protest and enjoyed playing so think I am going to stick around until the end (well, hopefully it won't come to that).

My main is on Liberty but Virtue seemed like a fun server. Wondering if that is where people from this forum mostly play and what some of the prominent Supergroups are.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm on as "Ranter" and "Son of Ether" on both Liberty and Virtue.

Dark Horizon

• Minion
Re: Where Are The Heroes?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 04:36:17 PM »
I am intensely gratified that the rally on Virtue went so well, but the turnout on other servers was disappointing.  My main is on Protector (you can see my other characters and their servers on CIT), and fewer than ten people showed up.  I popped over to Triumph and Guardian for a few moments and the turnout was similarly low.  Hopefully, any media visitors decided to stick to Virtue.  I understand that there were a record number of instances of AP spawned by the turnout there.

Sorry, I think I threadjacked again.

I have a few characters on Liberty, but I think I'll be concentrating on my main and my older characters on Protector and Guardian.  My sub ends at the end of this month, and I'll probably lose access to most of my characters at that point.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 05:59:29 PM »
I am intensely gratified that the rally on Virtue went so well, but the turnout on other servers was disappointing.  My main is on Protector (you can see my other characters and their servers on CIT), and fewer than ten people showed up.  I popped over to Triumph and Guardian for a few moments and the turnout was similarly low.  Hopefully, any media visitors decided to stick to Virtue.  I understand that there were a record number of instances of AP spawned by the turnout there.
Apologies on behalf of the rest of Titan if we left anyone with the impression that the rally was taking place on all servers.  The event was specifically scheduled for Virtue so that we could gather as many people in one place and communicate with them all at the same time.  We just happened to end up with so many people that we had to overflow to a couple of other servers by the time the event had started.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 04:26:12 AM »
I seem to be working whenever these things go on anyway and I'd bet I'm not the only one.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Zanriel

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 04:32:53 AM »
I was firmly under the impression that the rally was on Virtue. I rolled up a level 1 there to join in.

I have all my characters on Infinity though. I've been there since the beginning. It's around the middle in terms of population, which is how I like it, personally.

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 05:29:46 PM »
I was firmly under the impression that the rally was on Virtue. I rolled up a level 1 there to join in.

Ditto.  I arrived only shortly before the event, but inexplicably was able to name my character Save Paragon.

Dark Horizon

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 12:59:18 AM »
Please note, this is not a "Virtue" event.  It's just a server I picked pseudo-randomly because it was most populated when I just popped in and looked, and I had to pick somewhere.  We need all players from all servers to show up!

This was easily misinterpreted as stating that the rally was to be extended to all servers.  Certainly there were other people on other servers counting down in LFG to the designated time, and there were simultaneous gatherings on most of the other servers.