Author Topic: Call to Action: Masks and Capes!  (Read 54800 times)

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Re: Call to Action: Masks and Capes!
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2012, 02:05:57 AM »
Capes are still being made and shipped over here at https://www.etsy.com/listing/109238903/childs-satin-cape-to-help-savecoh?ref=af_shop_order too!

I expect another batch to go out Monday or Tuesday.
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2012, 04:11:23 AM »
Sent mine :)

PinkBoot

• Underling
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2012, 04:47:51 AM »
Sent 10 of ours! Emailed pic as well. :)

SithRose

• Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »
The capes and masks are not going unnoticed. At least one of the capes sent to the Austin office was forwarded to the Paragon Studios staff.

I received a surprise package with a thank you letter from Paragon Studios today.

Keep it up, guys. Someone at NCSoft is seeing and reading your letters.

http://tinyurl.com/9ulg9rl

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2012, 09:56:12 PM »
That is AMAZING news, SithRose. Thank you for sharing, it is really encouraging and steels my resolve all the more.

WE CAN DO THIS GUYS!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2012, 10:27:29 PM »
The capes and masks are not going unnoticed. At least one of the capes sent to the Austin office was forwarded to the Paragon Studios staff.

I received a surprise package with a thank you letter from Paragon Studios today.

Hey that's pretty cool.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2012, 10:47:32 PM »

Oh now THAT is class!

SithRose

• Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2012, 11:22:49 PM »
Oh now THAT is class!

It certainly made me all sniffly. It's even got the Heroclix figures in it...My son was SO happy to see those! (I told him these are staying in their packages so they don't get broken.)

I'm going to have to get a little display case for them, I think.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2012, 11:25:50 PM »
Excuse me..got some onions over here...just gimme a minute... *sniffle*
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2012, 11:36:43 PM »
That is awesome, and that quote...

Let's go be heroes.

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2012, 04:07:50 AM »
I picked-up some Teddybear size capes and masks tonight for this project. (Wish I had the money sooner, but that's not how things are these days.) Will be sending them out over the weekend, after my grand-daughter has villainously liberated one from the stack for HER Teddy.

They have the virtue of being a good size for 6x9 manella envelopes AND being pretty cheap ($2.98 at Wal-Mart) so I will be able to send out several of them instead of just one or two, even on a tight budget. Now I just need to put messages on them.  :)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2012, 08:19:02 AM »
I picked-up some Teddybear size capes and masks tonight for this project...

Heh, now there's a thought... a Build-a-Bear superhero.

SithRose

• Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2012, 07:34:58 PM »
One more item to take away from this - Even if all NCSoft is doing with the capes and masks is sending them on to what's left of Paragon Studios, it is still giving them hope.

Every cape and every mask is a person or a family saying "We love you. We support you. We want our game back. We are backing you all the way. We are STILL HERE."

Keep up that momentum. Keep the support rolling in to the people on our side of the table. Keep giving them reasons to say "WE are heroes to our players. We CAN do this. We can save our game."

Letters. Masks. Capes. Photographs. Screenshots. Stories. Never send the same thing twice. But KEEP IT COMING. Polite and gentle pressure on NCSoft. Polite and firm reassurance to Paragon.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2012, 07:55:16 PM »
Now I just so much want to save the game and studio so that everything can go on again. dang !
Yeeessss....

Jetfire99

• Lieutenant
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2012, 09:45:02 PM »
I'm a bit late on this but is it too late to send a cape or mask?

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2012, 10:16:08 PM »
I'm a bit late on this but is it too late to send a cape or mask?

I can't imagine that it would be. Go right ahead. :)
@Vulpy
Protector Server

no hero

• Lieutenant
  • Regens "do it" solo! :)
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2012, 10:57:04 PM »
Done  :)

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:48:59 AM by no hero »
Samantha:  "I have to ask you a question. It's a good one so think about it. If a Player and a Game love each other, but they just can't seem to get it together, when do you get to that point of enough is enough?"

Jerry:  "Never."

SithRose

• Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2012, 05:06:53 AM »
I'm sending in another cape, tomorrow or Thursday.

I'm going to be sending another letter with it. This is a rough draft.

Dear NCSoft Board of Directors,

On August 31st, you announced the sudden shut-down of the game City of Heroes, and the closing of Paragon Studios. On October 2nd, you announced, effectively, that there were no further plans to sell the IP in any way. This is a game which has proven beneficial to children with autism and speech disorders, in large part because of the game's subject materials. Children care about superheroes. They look up to them, and see them as role models.

The parents of autistic children struggle daily to find something that will help their children in the world. We had one of those resources in City of Heroes. Those heroes who inspired my child, and may have inspired other autistic children, to start speaking and communicating again, will be gone on November 30th.

Of course, there are other games we can look to as possible therapeutic aids. The autism community speaks regularly about new suggestions and therapies which might help our children. When we search for those therapies, we have to ask ourselves a question. "Is this possible benefit worth the risk?" It's often a very hard question to answer due to expense and time. For the $15 a month cost of an MMO subscription, that answer may well be yes. For a $60 game with no subscription fee, and perhaps an occasional purchase in the store, that answer may be yes.

Our children react very poorly to sudden changes. This is one of the diagnostic criteria of autism. And so I find myself asking a very hard question of NCSoft now. You have made the decision to shut down a thriving, active game. This was an extremely sudden, unexpected decision. You have further made the decision that you will not sell or release the IP for that game at this time. And so I ask myself, and I ask the NCSoft Board of Directors and shareholders:

Why should I trust that you will not do this to another game?

I am looking at a company that has just released a new game, and plans to release other games within the next year. Some of these games look very attractive, possibly interesting to children and teenagers. But there is still a very crucial question to be answered.

How can I say to the parent of another autistic child "Yes, try NCSoft's new game. It might help."

When a company has a long history of closing games down suddenly, a practice that could be quite harmful to progress an autistic child has made while playing that game, why should I speak positively of that company? I would like to recommend some of these games, but I cannot in good conscience tell the autistic community, the large and growing autistic community, that I can trust NCSoft not to repeat what they have done with City of Heroes and Paragon Studios.

Please help me find a reason to recommend your games to the thousands of parents of autistic children. Please demonstrate that we can trust your products to remain stable and continuous, even when those products no longer meet the direction of your company. Please reconsider your decision to release City of Heroes, so that I can continue to tell the autistic community that NCSoft can be trusted to support tools that help our children learn and grow.

We are heroes, so our children can become their own heroes. This is what we do. Show us that you're willing to be heroes as well.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2012, 06:00:14 AM »
Great pictures and letters! I'd say absolutely continue sending them.

Don't stop.

Not now.

Not after November 30th.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2012, 06:33:33 AM »
Let our capes and masks and letters and flowers rain down upon them like a tsunami. Let our message blot out the sun of their tiny little world, and make them tremble in awe.

We are heroes. This is what we do.