Author Topic: Event: Save Paragon base building contest! Anyone can help!  (Read 21776 times)

Quinch

Re: Event: Save Paragon base building contest! Anyone can help!
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2012, 07:39:09 PM »
I don't know what you used to have to do, but since a month or two ago, you can hold the control and shift keys to move items vertically and rotate them.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2012, 08:04:04 PM »
As of late last year, you can move elements up and down without the need for the magic desks.  Same update also gave us the ability to rotate to angles other than 0/90/180/270.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Flying Code Monkey

• Underling
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2012, 08:08:11 PM »
Awesome. Thanks.

Aquashock

• Boss
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2012, 01:09:34 AM »
That method of building up's never worked for me. :(

The other way is to use floor tiles and safes.

Red_Valkyrie

• Underling
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 04:33:34 AM »
One thing you have to do is place the item first, then use 'Shift' to move vertically, 'Ctrl' to move horizontally on the same plane, and 'Alt' to rotate. But these don't work while placing an item, only after it's been placed.

A lot of the base builder do some really remarkable things, compared to what they do, I'm a tinkerer.
"We're heroes. Fighting injustice is what we do." ~Rebel Scum

Hendrake

• Underling
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2012, 09:10:30 PM »
I've been putting it off, but I'll try to get demorecords of my two main virtue bases: Silver Aegis and Hero Force - Delta Destroyers.

The latter has an 800 seat auditorium if you want to use that for a movie theater.

obs inc

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2012, 01:28:18 AM »
Didn't abandon y'all, just became incredibly busy! Will catch up on replies tomorrow after work.

Des_Tructive

• Lieutenant
  • SLAP!
    • Meta - Superhuman Covert Ops (german)
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2012, 11:44:02 AM »
The missus (@chase white) and I (@des tructive) have done some nice setups for "urban" bases, including streets with houses on them, a bus, etc. We're on EU time, though, so it might be best to arrange for a meeting via message here.

Also, you might want to shout into the "Base Builders Inc." global channel, and the facebook group. There's always a lot of people ready to show off their stuff there. Try to get your fingers on @war base and @eldormain. They're just wow.

CoX: @DeS Tructive
TSW: BloodyCarrie; HrFaust; TheContact

Ozmosis

• Boss
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2012, 02:37:59 PM »
Got a base on Protector that is on the biggest possible plot size available. I think I'm a decent (tho not necessarily great) basebuilder, so if you guys want access to go film it your more than welcomed. Anything to help the cause!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2012, 09:46:05 PM »
Tangential note: for base builders who haven't heard about it, because demorecords now have free camera control, you can now save your bases permanently with demorecords: http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=297561 .  Even after the game shuts down, you will still be able to play those demorecords back and give people tours of your base or make videos of it.

Also, to address an earlier question, you can't demorecord base editing.  Well, you can, but on playback the base will remain static: you'll just fly around apparently doing nothing.

Daire

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2012, 11:04:53 PM »
I have several fabulous bases, but alas I am not a person who can video record the bases. If someone can do this, please contact me at @Potato-Head (in-game) or hgcoco@yahoo.com

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2012, 01:34:39 AM »
Since we can now demorecord bases and do those wonderful fly-throughs with the free camera, it seems that anyone that is unable to film their own base could still send a demorecord file to a videographer for filming. That makes it so much easier to include everyone that wants to participate and doesn't require everyone to coordinate log-in times for filming.

Electro Kitty

• Underling
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2012, 12:30:03 PM »
If anyone wants to video The Wonder League SG base on Defiant server, give me a shout in game @Electro Kitty or  @EK 

The Wonder Base has taken me around 5 years to build, we have the usual rooms...teleport/workshops/hospital etc but the rooms i like most are the ones hidden round the back...Frankenstein's laboratory, the terra cotta army room, tennis court, church, view out to space, bowling alley, harbour, beach bar and volleyball room. 

The editor has infuriated me and i've taken many breaks along the way, but something always draws me back to create more.

Such a shame all the hours of work will be lost soon :(

claedon

• Underling
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2012, 08:11:07 PM »
Any advice on gaining a boat load of prestige over the next month?  I've only gotten 60,000 prestige over the past three years of playing (less than an hour a week though).  I'd love to try my hand at base building, but have only had the opportunity to build a three room "micro-base" with nothing in it.

Aquashock

• Boss
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2012, 08:16:54 PM »
Any advice on gaining a boat load of prestige over the next month?  I've only gotten 60,000 prestige over the past three years of playing (less than an hour a week though).  I'd love to try my hand at base building, but have only had the opportunity to build a three room "micro-base" with nothing in it.

A larger boatload of Inf? You can convert Inf to Prestige at a very terrible rate (1mil Inf = 2k Prestige).

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2012, 08:19:45 PM »
Still been no response on this thread from the OP?

altorv

• Underling
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2012, 09:10:44 PM »
How do I enter this contest? You were really unclear how we get the base videos to you. Do I demorecord? real video? What, it's really frustrating especially since late entry and I have no idea how to get the video for you to see. Am I the only one confused here?

Angelus Animi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2012, 11:13:24 PM »
I have friends asking to join in this as well.  Where do we submit videos?

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2012, 11:16:57 PM »
I think we need to pick up the ball on this one if it's still going to be done. The person who posted it hasn't even logged into the boards since the 3rd, and considering the deadline is tomorrow, I think it's safe to assume he/she isn't coming back.

Angelus Animi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2012, 11:32:44 PM »
Ok so we need some guidelines.  Where people are submiting their videos and in what format or if it will just be the raw demorecord.  Should we also push back the deadline since there seems to be more intrest?