Author Topic: We need a Twibbon!  (Read 3209 times)

Riff

• Lieutenant
We need a Twibbon!
« on: September 07, 2012, 04:53:53 PM »
Twitter followers: We need a Twibbon. It's a simple badge you can wear that aligns you with a group or cause. http://twibbon.com/

Anyone with some cool graphics skilz can knock one up and the rest of us can get it to add onto our avis.

We can even tell NCSoft about it! :)

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
Re: We need a Twibbon!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 06:28:13 PM »
I have no idea what kind of size the image should be... but as a rough example, something like this?

Riff

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 06:35:44 PM »
not quite but I like what you've done but - I can see a use for that

A twibbon is a visual tag that appends to your avi. Imagine your avi with the Statesman star in the top right corner or something? look on the twibbon page to see. Maybe a Statesman star and the #saveCoH across the bottom?

I don't have the graphics skilz to do it myself but if we can make a visual impact... if we can get our followers to spread the message. Twitter is high profile for content - unlike fb which only seems to make the financial news now.

Anyone good with pinterest?

Dr Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • Dr Shadow Champion server/ @Leila_L twitter
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 06:45:44 PM »
Dr Shadow- Champion Server @Leila_L twitter

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »
Came up with a new design that I think fits much better into the idea we are going for...  comments?

anthrax2525

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 10:47:20 PM »
Looks good!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 12:14:43 AM »
Here's a Twitter n00b question (a T00b question?):

How does one go about adding a "twibbon" to their avatar?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 08:55:10 PM »
It looks like you have to go to the site and register your cause, adding the image graphic to it.  Then, once it is "there" you can select it and add it to your avatar.  I have yet to actually do it, but that seems to be the basics.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 09:23:51 PM »
The process is a little obtuse, and if you want more features... it's... $99 dollars!?!

But, I created a free version with a Twibbon similar to the one I posted upthread.  I shared it via my twitter, and I will be mentioning @thetitannetwork in my next one so you can re-tweet!

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 09:26:47 PM »
Hmmmm.... seems doing a search for City of Heroes shows that someone made their own Twibbon yesterday.  Should I drop mine and consolidate?  He has 156 supporters already (SlickRiptide).

???

Riff

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 09:57:28 AM »
hey Thirty, thanks for that . Great image and I suggest your image is a lot more what we're looking for! It expresses teh sentiment much better!

I've just posted on the official forums - and I've modified my twiter account to reflect the saveCoH campaign by changing my name to Scarlet Shocker and adding my forum avi to my account.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 10:12:56 AM by Riff »

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 11:26:51 AM »
hey Thirty, thanks for that . Great image and I suggest your image is a lot more what we're looking for! It expresses teh sentiment much better!

I've just posted on the official forums - and I've modified my twiter account to reflect the saveCoH campaign by changing my name to Scarlet Shocker and adding my forum avi to my account.
Thanks!

The Save City of Heroes! twibbon cause I created has JUST crossed the 100 supporter threshold... in 14 hours!

Riff

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 12:43:28 PM »
exellent. I've been tweeting a bit myself and given it a bit of a shout out. I have fewer than 700 followers but every retweet gets us more publicity

Myriade

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 01:27:11 PM »
I've used Thirty7's twibbon on my account. Looks just good in my opinion. Pretty neat idea.