Author Topic: Week 1 Recap!  (Read 2213 times)

jacknomind

• Boss
Week 1 Recap!
« on: September 07, 2012, 12:03:42 PM »
<<xpost of my original to the City of Heroes forums.>>

Hey guyz.  Jack NoMind here; you've probably never heard of me.  I'm kind of obscure.

So!  It's been one heck of a week since we got news of CoH's cancellation and the end of Paragon Studios.  We've heard goodbyes and not goodbyes from some of our favorite developers, and Black Pebble.  A lot of tears have been shed.

...Man.  A lot of tears.

But that's not why I'm here!  I'm here to tell you that THE FIGHT GOES ON!  Rah team Titan!  TonyV stepped up almost right away to rally the troops and give us a new hope to strike back and return, yet I know he wasn't alone; many other Titan network members have been extremely active.  Big props to Guy Perfect, by the way; he and the rest of the team working on Sentinel+ shipped it in record time.

So what else has happened?  Well, I've got a list here of everything we've heard from NCSoft about the shutdown:

Basically nothing.

Hm.

Okay, but what about other media?  Well, there hasn't really been all that much coverage that I can OMG NEIL GAIMAN RETWEETED SAMURAIKO!.

I am never doing another sentence like that again.  Seriously.  You have no idea how long that looks in my little editing window, and then I clicked preview and it's like, half a line.

...Right, so, back on track.  What else is going on? 

Well, we have a nifty little calender that one of our Project Coordinators, Maressa, who is basically the angelic patron of collating, has to remind us of cool events like the Unity Rally TonyV is hosting on Virtue this Saturday starting at 2PM Pacific, 5PM Eastern, 9PM Standard Time.  There's also a costume contest!  Make a toon who looks like a Paragon Studios employee (not their signature character -- the employee themselves), and you could win... uh... stuff!  (Hey, BaBs -- I mean, Tic-Toc.  You feel like stopping by to hand out some No Prizes?  I don't know what kind of contest it would be without the promise of No Prize.)  Actually, there's probably going to be a TON of people hanging out, way more than Tony and pals can properly reward, so bring your own prizes to hand out to your favorites!  And catgirl repellent.

Zwillinger's got the tentacles covered.

That's Ed MacMahon, kids, sidekick to the legendary Johnny Carson.  I even picked him at a post Star-Search age, just for you.

Lastly, I want to give a special thank-you to Golden_Girl, who's been muy active over at Titan, and to special guest star (not featured in this program) MERCEDES FREAKING LACKEY, who's also stopped in to say hi and at least one other unprintable thing.

Want to know what that is?  Well then!  Stop by the Titan Networks Save Paragon City Forum!

Spoiler : it has to do with light entering the body at in an anatomically and optically unlikely way.

Now I just have to get this song out of my head, where it's been pretty stuck pretty much solidly when it's not actually playing from my speakers.  Viridian, some day I'm gonna have to thank you properly, and I promise it'll almost entirely heal.

I'll be back next week.  (Ha!  You wish.  I'm going to be around for the whole week.  I just mean I'm gonna do another recap next week.)  I'd like to do these vlog-style; let's see if I can figure out how one of those crazy 'video recorder devices' works.

'till then: The power is yours.

Hey.  Psst.  When I said "the power is yours?"  That's when you do stuff.  Have all your friends gotten sick of you telling them to show their support on the petition yet?

Zanriel

• Underling
Re: Week 1 Recap!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 01:43:55 PM »
Thanks for the recap! It really helps to have a summary of all the stuff happening to keep everyone up to speed. There was some info here, especially some of the goings on around other social media, that I didn't know about.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 01:53:02 PM »
Thanks again, Jack!
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Paindancer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 02:38:27 PM »
 :o

Neil Gaiman retweed the blurb about my iReport article?

???

really?

OMG NEIL GAIMAN RETWEETED SAMURAIKO!.

Oh yea!

8)

@vengeance mk2

The iReport:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
(read it, share it, recommend it)

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?