Author Topic: Call to Action: Thank the media  (Read 220630 times)

Dr Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • Dr Shadow Champion server/ @Leila_L twitter
Re: Call to Action: Thank the media
« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2012, 03:06:26 PM »
I guess the question would be how to get mainstream media to pick up the story?
Dr Shadow- Champion Server @Leila_L twitter

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2012, 03:14:03 PM »
It's a nice problem to have, though. I'm finding it hard not to repeat myself over and over again. Especially to the naysayers. Thesaurus.com has never seen so much action from me ;)

You and me both, my friend, you and me both.

Khamya9

• Underling
« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2012, 05:27:51 PM »
Aaron Williams (Nodwick, PS 283, Full Frontal Nerdity) has done a second post on City, specifically covering the rally.
http://www.nodwick.com/?p=3084

I got in a thank you.

-------
@gavin runeblade

OCTAGON

• Underling
« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2012, 07:56:04 PM »
It's a nice problem to have, though. I'm finding it hard not to repeat myself over and over again. Especially to the naysayers. Thesaurus.com has never seen so much action from me ;)

Seems wherever I try to talk about it people starts spamming about how "if it was losing money it should die" even though I have clearly stated it wasn't one of the games losing NCSoft money.
Or they'll say stuff like "why kick a dead horse" I know I shouldn't let it get to me but really hate when people are being nasty just for the sake of it. x (
They should just admit that they admire our passion and drive to atleast try and do something instead of just bending over and taking it.
.:Home Sweet Union:.

sterlingwolf

• Underling
« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2012, 08:22:03 PM »
I wouldn't presume to call us media titans or anything more than fans sharing their passions, however, I did share my love for this title and what it meant to my current gaming lifestyle at http://psotter.com. That said, I am trying to do my small part in reaching out to friends that I played with then and current community members to show their support. Best wishes all to keeping something special to us alive!

-Brandon

EDIT- We may be up and down since we are hosted by Go Daddy who is trying to recover from the attack from Anonymous.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:28:50 PM by sterlingwolf »

Recluse1990

• Minion
« Reply #165 on: September 10, 2012, 09:08:29 PM »
I've gone to CNN's coverage and thanked them. As I get time to do so, I work down the list as my current activity for the effort. I haven't all the time nor money for the requested mailing method, but I will Wednesday ( yay payday!) I hope to have a mask made by then.

For mainstream efforts, I believe a focus on Twitter, Facebook, and Google + are most efficient way to reach celebrity levels. Once the hash tag is posted by any well known person, our message will spread. Maybe even pick up a few big supporters.

Sophronisba

• Lieutenant
« Reply #166 on: September 10, 2012, 09:19:32 PM »
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but everyone should vote in Massively's new poll: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/10/leaderboard-fight-for-city-of-heroes-or-let-it-go/#continued

Recluse1990

• Minion
« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2012, 09:25:43 PM »
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but everyone should vote in Massively's new poll: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/10/leaderboard-fight-for-city-of-heroes-or-let-it-go/#continued
Voted.

To the a-hole that dressed up as the hulk in that picture; Remember the issue Marvel and DC had with the game soon after release involving players infringing upon IP rights?

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #168 on: September 10, 2012, 09:32:33 PM »
Voted.

To the a-hole that dressed up as the hulk in that picture; Remember the issue Marvel and DC had with the game soon after release involving players infringing upon IP rights?
Indeed.  I suppose we can't do much about it now though.

Voted as well.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #169 on: September 10, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »
Now on Fark.

http://www.fark.com/comments/7318937

Using the "p" word again, though...
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2012, 10:16:21 PM »
Indeed.  I suppose we can't do much about it now though.

Voted as well.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to recall DC doing nothing more than watching the proceedings closely while Marvel was the one who brought out the big guns...from what I remember, DC was simply content to let it go.... 

Man, my search-fu is weak....  :)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #171 on: September 10, 2012, 10:21:05 PM »
I know that I have a few characters with toons that a copyright lawyer would want a close look at.  I'm not trottin' 'em out for the media, tho.  I can appreciate people wanting to be out in their "Sunday best" for this, but we should maybe caution anyone we see that they could be hurting the cause.

Unless it gets more publicity, in which case we rotate copyright-infringing costume contests!  ;)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2012, 10:33:40 PM »
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

caine6900

• Minion
  • I love City of Heroes
« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2012, 10:45:19 PM »
Thanks again TonyV for the great help.  :)
I am trying to get another massive get together of Players again this Saturday on all servers in pocket D (so players from Gold side and attend as well) and as an alt site RWZ. The time and place as as follows All servers for COH not beta we would not have a way to talk with them. At 1 P.M. Eastern Standard Time to 2 P.M. I made this a bit earlier for the folks over seas to be able to get on better with out having to stay up so late.
8)
I have made several posts on FaceBook on the city of heros site and Victory badges.
I hope we can make this as good as last week and I hope that somebody will tweet it as well. I do not have twitter.
Also lets get everybody to join the save COH channel instead of everybody talking in help or LFG and Broadcast all the time.
Thanks!

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2012, 02:02:27 AM »
Now on Fark.

http://www.fark.com/comments/7318937

Using the "p" word again, though...

I didn't know Ascendant was a farker...

Anyway, fark has a pretty breezy, glib tone. They wouldn't split too many hairs on the "protest"/"rally" distinction. Unless you're on the politics tab and it's the other team--then, it's a gibbering monstrosity of a protest whose very existence threatens to bring about nothing less than the complete destruction of all that we, as good citizens and decent human beings, hold dear. Thankfully, we're not near the politics tab...yet.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Seregmegilmor

• Underling
« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2012, 05:04:43 PM »
There's been some coverage from a french videogame website, quick translation.

http://www.journaldugamer.com/2012/09/11/city-of-heroes-resiste/comment-page-1/

"At the beginning of the month, NCSOFT announced the end of City of Heroes. After eight years of good and loyal services, these thousands of super heroes will soon disappear. In a great silence, the community rises, hoping to change the course of history.

3000 avatars met up on the plaza to manifest their displeasure. The scene is rare and has been filmed and posted on Youtube. These thousands of players hope that by doing this, they can buy more time for ther servers. Quite unusual, this video is impressive. We wish them for their voices to be heard."

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2012, 05:19:19 PM »
There's been some coverage from a french videogame website, quick translation.

http://www.journaldugamer.com/2012/09/11/city-of-heroes-resiste/comment-page-1/

"At the beginning of the month, NCSOFT announced the end of City of Heroes. After eight years of good and loyal services, these thousands of super heroes will soon disappear. In a great silence, the community rises, hoping to change the course of history.

3000 avatars met up on the plaza to manifest their displeasure. The scene is rare and has been filmed and posted on Youtube. These thousands of players hope that by doing this, they can buy more time for ther servers. Quite unusual, this video is impressive. We wish them for their voices to be heard."

Very nice.  Thank you for the translation.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink