Author Topic: Call to Action: Thank the media  (Read 220512 times)

Ammon

• Team Wildcard
  • Boss
  • UK marketing guy and City of Heroes addict
Re: Call to Action: Thank the media
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2012, 05:35:53 PM »
I know this is a little late now, but I think it is worth mentioning.  If you are commenting on a post and not using the link or something to yourself, please think for a second to donate it to the Save COH efforts, by linking to one of the many hubs URLs we are trying to promote and rally people around.  The links help search engines see what relates to what, and will help massively in promoting our cause and our fight.

Now, please, that doesn't mean spam links throughout every comment.  I just mean that where a comment gives you the opportunity to give a name and url, and you aren't using it for anything else, please do think to use the URL of the Titan Forums, or any of the other hubs for saving City of Heroes.  Thanks

anthrax2525

• Underling
« Reply #141 on: September 07, 2012, 10:40:50 PM »
Has anyone considered The Gameological Society at The A.V. Club?

http://gameological.com/

Maybe it's opening up to more snark, but it's worth a try. Every outlet is worth that shot.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2012, 07:36:15 AM »
Cities' official twitter tweeted this, but in case no one's seen it:

http://www.dealspwn.com/neil-gaiman-john-wright-john-kovalic-mercedes-lackey-support-save-city-heroes-campaign-113562?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Dealspwn+%28Dealspwn%29

This article is very nice.  They even say they reached out to NCsoft for a comment.   Get over there and thank them!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2012, 05:07:02 PM »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2012, 05:18:21 PM »
To whomever has edit permission on the media mentions list, if you could keep adding the dates of publish as you add articles, it would be extremely helpful.  That list, being publicly readable, is a perfect informational tool to point prospective new writers to.  "Hey, look how much press this has already gotten! You really want to share this with your viewers/readers/listeners based one x, y, and z."  The dates are often pickable from the URLs, but, as has been mentioned, we're trying to get the attention of very busy people.  It won't matter how long the list is if the newest date on it is three days old.  In the world of 24 hour cable news, Twitter, Reddit, etc, that's ancient history.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

TomFury

• Underling
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2012, 04:32:29 AM »
Not sure if these have already been posted.  Sorry, if so:

Save City Of Heroes Campaign Gets Support From Celebrities
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Save-City-Heroes-Campaign-Gets-Support-From-Celebrities-46695.html
9/9/2012 1443

Screenshot contest from our friends over at Massively, with a shout out (see last paragraph):

One Shots: Still got it
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/09/one-shots-still-got-it/
9/9/2012 1600

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2012, 04:51:01 AM »
Not sure if these have already been posted.  Sorry, if so:

Save City Of Heroes Campaign Gets Support From Celebrities
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Save-City-Heroes-Campaign-Gets-Support-From-Celebrities-46695.html
9/9/2012 1443

I cringed at the "A" word (addicts). Hopefully, we can comment on that enough that they'll correct it.

The article is correct. This is only getting started. It is interesting to note that they list NCSoft as being in talks with investors, not the studio.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2012, 05:36:14 AM »
I cringed at the "A" word (addicts). Hopefully, we can comment on that enough that they'll correct it.

The article is correct. This is only getting started. It is interesting to note that they list NCSoft as being in talks with investors, not the studio.
I thought it was confirmed that they were talking with investors AND Paragon? 

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2012, 05:43:30 AM »
I thought it was confirmed that they were talking with investors AND Paragon?

Damn!  I was thinking it was only Paragon, so moving on to investors was a move forward. It's still a curious wording, then.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2012, 06:11:14 AM »
Damn!  I was thinking it was only Paragon, so moving on to investors was a move forward. It's still a curious wording, then.
I remember Tony making a good point about this (do NOT ask me to find it, haha).  The fact that they're involving investors somewhat confirms Miss Lackey's theory that the decision came largely from Nexon.  NCSoft may or may not agree with it, so they're all talking and trying to work something out.  If we're lucky, NC and Paragon may even be on the same team here!

It's all speculation of course.  Shouldn't detract from doing all the good stuff we've been doing.  Back to commenting on articles :)

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2012, 06:27:00 AM »
i think that the article that you are looking for is on the official forums, with thread titled "ncsoft is NOT our enemy"

but yes if ncsoft is looking for potential investors then they may be trying to sell the game

paragon studios employees may have lost their jobs but if ncsoft is working with them and willing to sell (which is what i think its starting to sound like) then its only a matter of finding investors who are willing to support the game to get rebooted essentially

if all this works out it could be huge publicity for coh especially considering i24 was named resurgence that would be almost perfect

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2012, 06:31:54 AM »
Careful. We might get our hopes up. ;)

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2012, 06:37:53 AM »
i think we still have a chance, all depends on how fast ncsoft manages to find investors and transfering the rights of the game to the new owner(s)

i know its still up in the air and is kind of  longshot but its also the best possible outcome that could prolly happen given our current situation

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2012, 06:47:00 AM »
Careful. We might get our hopes up. ;)
Wait what?  No!  I didn't mean that!  Go wallow in your sorrow!  ...Or something.

Nah, I'll be an optimist until the day I die.  So take everything I say with a grain of salt :P

Superratz

• Underling
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2012, 09:15:58 AM »
Excellent work Tony V et al.

Please bear in mind, anything we do MUST continue until the last day. 3 months is a long time in the world of media, and, with elections/natural disasters/sports fixtures etc, it will be really important to keep any media contacts you make informed, updated and above all, interested.

One thing I have noticed being in Europe, is that my sorces of information are either Sals Badgehunters on Facebook or the CoH European forums - are our fellow players from the US also doing anything, and could somebody perhaps compile a list of links to the various forums etc?

Once again, thanks to anyone and everyone who is championing our cause.

Makes me proud to be a CoX'er!
I think on the Show, they call him Captain Sweat Pants.

RogerWilco

• Lieutenant
  • The Adventurous Janitor
    • The Conclave - International Gaming Community
« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2012, 01:01:00 PM »
I've commented on the Dutch/Belgian links in the spreadsheet.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2012, 02:36:42 PM »
Yeah, they are coming in so fast now it's hard to keep up with commenting on all of them. Glad I saw someone say they'd commented on some of the foreign language sites. I was about to work through with Google Translate and put up a thank you. Would probably have caused an interstellar incident... (grin)

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2012, 02:38:03 PM »
Yeah, they are coming in so fast now it's hard to keep up with commenting on all of them.

It's a nice problem to have, though. I'm finding it hard not to repeat myself over and over again. Especially to the naysayers. Thesaurus.com has never seen so much action from me ;)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2012, 02:51:24 PM »
i think we are still doing good that ~5% of the total articles on the subject have a negative tone

out of the ~110 total articles we are still getting a lot of good media coverage