Author Topic: Do we want to work for the character database?  (Read 25611 times)

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
Re: Do we want to work for the character database?
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2012, 06:26:14 PM »
Yeah, the premium problem is unfortunate. We may be able to get some limited information from the character select screen, like the one costume that is displayed, but that still means losing a lot...

Hopefully they'll unlock those characters, or make the store free which would let you "buy" character slots and get all of them except the ones on Exalted or over the 36 limit.
Yeah, I've posted in many places the 'Hope' that they'll do one last global unlock for all Preem players. I can't imagine it being too much hassle to flip the VIP/Preem switch. Obviously you don't want to up and make Free-2-VIP as then....(lost thought track)
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2012, 06:50:25 PM »
A couple of questions re Sentinel+

-Can it handle multiple crafted incarnate powers, even if the slot may not yet have been unlocked?
-Can it handle invalid costume pieces? I'm sure some of us have toons that have costumes pieces that have moved or apparently disappeared.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2012, 06:51:46 PM »
Guy will have to field the question about incarnate powers, I believe so but I'm not sure.

As for costume pieces, it will dump the raw representation of whatever you're wearing. It doesn't check to see if it's a valid entry in costumes.bin or not.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2012, 07:12:10 PM »
Yeah, I've posted in many places the 'Hope' that they'll do one last global unlock for all Preem players. I can't imagine it being too much hassle to flip the VIP/Preem switch. Obviously you don't want to up and make Free-2-VIP as then....(lost thought track)
Seriously, they already did some "get back" week-ends for veterans that didn't play anymore, they can do it again. And this is a NCSoft-database switch (is the player paying), not a gameplay Server one.
Yeeessss....

Sleepykitty

• The Napping Cat
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 08:43:49 PM »

The problem with costumes right now is that many of us who recently went Preem or simply didn't resub have tons of locked toons that we can't access. Granted, I have most of my toon's stuff backed up from before, but we won't get the chance to do one last CIT upload because of that unless by some miracle they actually unlock all toons.

<.< yeah... about that... don't be surprised if everyone if made "vip" in the last month that we're allotted... might well be sooner, but NCsofts policy on sunsetting usually has the game go full access in the last month.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I am Sleepy! Hear me Yawn!

o.o reachable at: My Paragonwiki Page

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 09:22:21 PM »
-Can it handle multiple crafted incarnate powers, even if the slot may not yet have been unlocked?
Guy will have to field the question about incarnate powers, I believe so but I'm not sure.

Once again, I refer you to the example file:

http://cit.cohtitan.com/sentinel/Example.xml

In particular:

Code: [Select]
<incarnate count="11">
<ability slotted="true">Incarnate.Hybrid.Support_Genome_6</ability>
<ability slotted="true">Incarnate.Destiny.Barrier_Total_Core_Invocation</ability>
<ability>Incarnate.Destiny.Incandescence_Total_Radial_Invocation</ability>
<ability slotted="true">Incarnate.Lore.IDF_Total_Core_Improved_Ally</ability>
<ability>Incarnate.Lore.Longbow_Total_Core_Improved_Ally</ability>
<ability>Incarnate.Interface.Paralytic_Partial_Core_Conversion</ability>
<ability slotted="true">Incarnate.Interface.Reactive_Total_Radial_Conversion</ability>
<ability>Incarnate.Interface.Degenerative_Total_Radial_Conversion</ability>
<ability slotted="true">Incarnate.Judgement.Pyronic_Total_Core_Judgement</ability>
<ability slotted="true">Incarnate.Alpha.Spiritual_Core_Paragon</ability>
<ability>Incarnate.Alpha.Nerve_Total_Core_Revamp</ability>
</incarnate>

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2012, 09:28:04 PM »
Thanks Guy, I missed those. Just trying to think of potential problems but, as usual, you are several steps ahead :)

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2012, 01:13:31 AM »
As for costume pieces, it will dump the raw representation of whatever you're wearing. It doesn't check to see if it's a valid entry in costumes.bin or not.

This is something that I'm checking with all my characters as I'm going through them. Many were created several years ago, and the costume creator doesn't recognize some pieces because they've been recategorized or renamed. Most every piece is still in there somewhere, though. Yes, it does take a lot longer, but I want them to be as current/accurate as possible before exporting them.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 01:18:45 AM »
On the bright side, I noticed the other night that they appear to have added a little padlock icon in the upper corner of any costume with invalid options when you view the Costume window.  Makes for very quick visual ID of any costumes that need to be fixed.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2012, 01:24:46 AM »
That is one sexy output.
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2012, 01:59:04 AM »
On the bright side, I noticed the other night that they appear to have added a little padlock icon in the upper corner of any costume with invalid options when you view the Costume window.  Makes for very quick visual ID of any costumes that need to be fixed.

That's true, but I'm finding some costumes change to default options when editing that don't have the padlock. And some recently-saved costumes even have to be fixed if you reload them right away. Makes me go a little  >:(

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2012, 04:20:46 AM »

The problem with costumes right now is that many of us who recently went Preem or simply didn't resub have tons of locked toons that we can't access. Granted, I have most of my toon's stuff backed up from before, but we won't get the chance to do one last CIT upload because of that unless by some miracle they actually unlock all toons.

I have that problem with a significant number of my characters. I can't access ANY of the free to VIP power slots or any of my Praetorians. I'm hoping that they simply decide to unlock all characters, but I'm not holding my breath right now. I can get almost all of my mains, but there are a couple of characters that I REALLY want the background pulled up, and I don't think I got them into Titan Sentinel earlier. (I might have, I have to check.)
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

Myrmydon

• Minion
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2012, 07:22:53 AM »
The thought of a restart will acces to all of the things in the game now is extremely appealing to me, however, I agree that it will be easier to retain more players with the current database. It should work either way.