Author Topic: Call To Action: Get the word out  (Read 125219 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Call To Action: Get the word out
« Reply #260 on: September 06, 2012, 06:02:45 PM »
SO i have started getting the word out by replying to any and all gaming FB uploads from other games letting them know that I cannot play as I am busy saving COH a pioneer in the superpowered MMO genre and a game worth saving. Is this ok or should I cease this ?
It's certainly amusing.  :)

I'd say as long as you aren't initiating by just dropping that into random people's pages (and it sounds like that's not the case), then you're good to go.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Clave Dark 5

• Elite Boss
« Reply #261 on: September 06, 2012, 06:17:28 PM »
Cross-posting from the forums by Phillygirl, in regards to the CNN iReport post:

"More importantly please scroll to the end and sign up and click the "this belongs on CNN" button. We need 2000 recommendations and we only have 425 with over 4000 views wtf. Click the recommendation or a producer will not look at it and it will go no further. We want this on CNN not as an ireport. "

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?p=4384293&posted=1#post4384293

We should be able to easily break the 2k barrier, please everyone go sign up for CNN even if you never go back, and up-vote this!

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-837330

"What you say is rather profound, and probably erroneous." - Joseph Conrad

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #262 on: September 06, 2012, 06:23:29 PM »
Cross-posting from the forums by Phillygirl, in regards to the CNN iReport post:

"More importantly please scroll to the end and sign up and click the "this belongs on CNN" button. We need 2000 recommendations and we only have 425 with over 4000 views wtf. Click the recommendation or a producer will not look at it and it will go no further. We want this on CNN not as an ireport. "

We should be able to easily break the 2k barrier, please everyone go sign up for CNN even if you never go back, and up-vote this!

Done and done.  Get at it guys!

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #263 on: September 06, 2012, 06:27:19 PM »
I would sign up and vote, however the sign-up does not play with my Android phone... it keeps dropping my screen-based keyboard.  I will try again tonight when I get home. 

That accounts for one page view with no vote.  :(

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
« Reply #264 on: September 06, 2012, 06:30:26 PM »
I was actually kicking myself for not mentioning the petition, or the fans offering to buy the IP from NCsoft outright if that's what it took... But what's done is done.

And, yes. I'm in the far northeastern corner of Tennessee--depending on traffic, I could drive to Detroit before I could drive to Memphis.

In Chattanooga here, right on top of the TN/GA stateline....  :D

Torben87

• Underling
« Reply #265 on: September 06, 2012, 07:13:57 PM »
I have added a brief notice of the fact that efforts are underway to keep the game going to the Production History section in the Wikipedia article, referenced to Massively.  This is probably as good as it's going to get in terms of Wikipedia coverage unless and until major non-blog-type media get involved.  Being somewhat invested in this, it's hard to be impartial.  There was a longer section added earlier, with links to the petition pages and such, that was reverted and got the page semi-protected; you can't edit it unless you've opened an account and have it open for some time.  Please read the talk page and history if you want to get involved in editing the article.  Anyone can leave a message on talk.

Sounds really good, that was a great idea.

I've also just signed-up on BBC and posted a comment on the article mentioned earlier.

Maybe we should also try to get a godfather on our side. He could make NCsoft "an offer they can't resist". Anyone on here got connections to the Mafia, maybe? ...sorry that's just my gallows humor.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #266 on: September 06, 2012, 07:36:11 PM »
I just discovered that my non-tweeting self is followed by YNN Austin.  I linked the CNN article in a tweet.  Hopefully they might see it and report.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #267 on: September 06, 2012, 07:37:47 PM »
...sorry that's just my gallows humor.

Sometimes you need it.

My favorite is still the one about finally knowing why the figures on the Mayan calendar are all wearing little capes.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #268 on: September 06, 2012, 07:38:42 PM »
Sounds really good, that was a great idea.

I've also just signed-up on BBC and posted a comment on the article mentioned earlier.

Maybe we should also try to get a godfather on our side. He could make NCsoft "an offer they can't resist". Anyone on here got connections to the Mafia, maybe? ...sorry that's just my gallows humor.

Maybe as a last resort :P

PrincessCleo

• Underling
« Reply #269 on: September 06, 2012, 07:40:22 PM »
I've signed the petition, and linked things in Facebook and G+.

Thanks to someone on G+ I found the petition and this site. I want to help anyway I can. I've been with CoH since the beginning, and I'll be there until the end. Whether that's in November or years from now.
ConstaConsonent
The Grammar Patrol - The Torch of Grammar lights our path.
Triumph

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #270 on: September 06, 2012, 07:42:48 PM »
I've signed the petition, and linked things in Facebook and G+.

Thanks to someone on G+ I found the petition and this site. I want to help anyway I can. I've been with CoH since the beginning, and I'll be there until the end. Whether that's in November or years from now.
Welcome and thanks for the support!  There's a lot you can do, as you can see by poking around this board.  Thanking the media is a good start, it's easy and extremely important.  See TonyV's thread on that for more info.  Plenty of links to all the press we've gotten too.  There are lots of other things, of course.  Take a look around!

Torben87

• Underling
« Reply #271 on: September 06, 2012, 07:47:06 PM »
Sometimes you need it.

My favorite is still the one about finally knowing why the figures on the Mayan calendar are all wearing little capes.

I was also connecting it to the Mayan belief that the world will come to an end in late December (on the 22nd or 23rd, not sure right now). I was thinking like: "Well, the world of CoH might will come to an end a little earlier."

TigerKnight

• Underling
« Reply #272 on: September 06, 2012, 07:50:40 PM »

Done as well and even linked it to my facebook page. Anything else I can sign out there? Looking to help in any way I can!  (Already got both petitions)

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #273 on: September 06, 2012, 08:01:56 PM »
Done as well and even linked it to my facebook page. Anything else I can sign out there? Looking to help in any way I can!  (Already got both petitions)
If you're up to it you can sift through all the different media sites we've appeared on and leave an appreciative comment! Always helpful.  Most the links should be somewhere in this thread :)

Kalikamata

• Underling
« Reply #274 on: September 06, 2012, 08:13:25 PM »
I'll do whatever I can. 

Heraclea

• Minion
« Reply #275 on: September 06, 2012, 08:28:36 PM »
I've also posted a message on the Age of Conan forums sending them here and informing them of the situation.  The closure had not come up in their off topic forum over there yet. 

That isn't the world's greatest community over there, but how could it hurt?

darkkeepr

« Reply #276 on: September 06, 2012, 08:39:14 PM »
Sent emails to SourceFed, Phil DeFranco, and Dodger from Press Heart to Continue youtube channel.

Also sent an email to Penn Jillette in hopes he will spread the world on his Sunday Podcast.  Hell even signed up for Twitter to tweet him.  I have no idea how that works and if he got it as I don't see my post but hope it got it.

NCSoft, I signed up for twitter of all things, keep the game. Please?

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #277 on: September 06, 2012, 08:52:46 PM »
Can't remember if I mentioned it, but I sent a "tip" to XPlay either yesterday or the day before.  They have to be aware of the shutdown, but I figured getting this on their radar wouldn't hurt.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #278 on: September 06, 2012, 08:55:20 PM »

If this is destined for any one of the main pages on a stage as big as that, we're going to want it to look as sharp as humanly possible before it gets there--this could be our debut on the global stage, if we can get past one member of production staff. Is there a chance we could give our iReport a pass to see if it conforms to CNN's recommendations?
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Paindancer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #279 on: September 06, 2012, 08:57:57 PM »
Not to be competing with the very emotional ireport existing, a few hours back I created one, with an intentional push to reach out to a larger audience.

In a few hours, it has over 1000 views.

so far so good.

If you dont mind, see it, fav it, recommend it.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
@vengeance mk2

The iReport:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
(read it, share it, recommend it)