Author Topic: Call To Action: Get the word out  (Read 125236 times)

Taki

• Underling
    • Nerdfitti LLC
Re: Call To Action: Get the word out
« Reply #200 on: September 05, 2012, 04:34:59 AM »
I've been playing COH since 2005 on the Liberty Server, the thought of loosing it is ripping me apart!

I run a small decal company out of my basement, while I'm a nobody (and I operate at a loss), I do actually get a bit of traffic to my site, would it be alright to put a main page banner up with a link to the thread that lead me here?

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #201 on: September 05, 2012, 05:30:52 AM »
This in-game quote has just been posted on Facebook:

"[Admin] Alpha Wolf: Sorry guys but I don't have any new update. I know Paragon management is having discussion with ncsoft and investors. Continue get people to sign online petitions, post on game forums, and just continue to make noises so ncsoft cannot ignore players."

To be perfectly honest, I was terrified that when a Paragon Studios staff member spoke out it'd be something like, 'Sorry guys, but it's not happening'.

This, however, is amazing news.  To hear that Paragon management is trying as we our ups are chances that much more. 

edit: words are really hard right now.  I've been up for too long.  In fact, "too" just came out as "two"... but at least I caught it this time >.>
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:07:26 AM by emu265 »

Storm Reaver

• Underling
« Reply #202 on: September 05, 2012, 08:05:56 AM »
I am currently attempting to get several older players to come back and join our cause. Also, I reached out to a few major FB groups that have large fan bases to see if they would help by posting for support on their pages. Some of them have nothing to do with online gaming, but I think may be good people to help us rally support and get more notice. I may have them contact you Tony to get info about what we wamt them to say in their posts if thats ok. I'm not always the best at keeping my emotions in check when dealing with these things and can come across as angry, mean or even hurtful at times... I would prefer this not to be the case in the dealings. Once again, thank you for leading the charge.

Storm Reaver

• Underling
« Reply #203 on: September 05, 2012, 08:15:21 AM »
This is a copy of a text I recently sent a fellow player who has kind of given up playing in the wake of this announcement.

Me: We need the player base to stand strong right now. We have a chance here to make this thing work. An administer came on today and actually posted in chat that paragon management, ncsoft and investors are speaking. This is a huge step in the right direction. He said keep signing the petitions, writing letters and making as much noise as we can till they realize the player base will not be ignored... His words, not mine. We need all players new and old to come back and share our voices. Stand up and be counted, etc. Look at it like you are fighting Reischman with a pug group. It's gonna be hard, we may not win and hell if he ain't got a crap ton of HP. But, its doable... and his health bar is definitely moving, even if it is very slowly. What we have to remember is that we've come this far and if we don't try now it'll all be for not. You won't get another chance to stand up for this. The time is now, but even if we loose... At least we will know that our heroes went down with their heads held high. *meaning us*

Just wanted to share this.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #204 on: September 05, 2012, 08:18:07 AM »
This is a copy of a text I recently sent a fellow player who has kind of given up playing in the wake of this announcement.

Me: We need the player base to stand strong right now. We have a chance here to make this thing work. An administer came on today and actually posted in chat that paragon management, ncsoft and investors are speaking. This is a huge step in the right direction. He said keep signing the petitions, writing letters and making as much noise as we can till they realize the player base will not be ignored... His words, not mine. We need all players new and old to come back and share our voices. Stand up and be counted, etc. Look at it like you are fighting Reischman with a pug group. It's gonna be hard, we may not win and hell if he ain't got a crap ton of HP. But, its doable... and his health bar is definitely moving, even if it is very slowly. What we have to remember is that we've come this far and if we don't try now it'll all be for not. You won't get another chance to stand up for this. The time is now, but even if we loose... At least we will know that our heroes went down with their heads held high. *meaning us*

Just wanted to share this.

Good call sharing this.  I don't know who else has noticed, but a lot of the in-game chatter is centered on doom-and-gloom and trolling.  I encourage every one of you to get out there and champion this effort.  Not just to your supergroups and channels, but in broadcast, help and even LFG.  More people on our side will not hurt us. 

SiphonWraith

• Underling
« Reply #205 on: September 05, 2012, 09:52:50 AM »
Not sure if this link has been put out yet or not but we made CNN iReport and it seems a lot of people have been posting on it so far...keep it up!  ;D

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-837330?ref=feeds/latest

"Suppose you were an idiot, now suppose you were a member of Congress...but I repeat myself."
 - Mark Twain

Dr Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • Dr Shadow Champion server/ @Leila_L twitter
« Reply #206 on: September 05, 2012, 12:05:28 PM »
Fox news has one a UReport, if someone would like to try and get them on board also.
http://ureport.foxnews.com/
Dr Shadow- Champion Server @Leila_L twitter

Christine

• Underling
« Reply #207 on: September 05, 2012, 12:43:25 PM »
If they're rank & file NCsoft employees, they probably can 't do much. And I don't think most of the decision makers are at NCsoft Austin. It's either Seattle or Korea.

I definitely think hitting up celebrities such as comic book writers, actors (Wil Wheaton) via Twitter would help. Sometimes they've been known to get behind a cause like this.

I'm in Seattle and already considering trying to arrange something. Show them that we're real people, not just account numbers and statistics. Ask them to look into our sadfaced eyes. Etc.

As for hitting up celebrities, I also took a longshot and wrote to Stephen Colbert. You never know.

-- C.

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #208 on: September 05, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »
I told my local game stop...if you are a regular at any gaming related location spread the word
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

frostcoh

• Minion
« Reply #209 on: September 05, 2012, 01:00:21 PM »
I've been playing COH since 2005 on the Liberty Server, the thought of loosing it is ripping me apart!

I run a small decal company out of my basement, while I'm a nobody (and I operate at a loss), I do actually get a bit of traffic to my site, would it be alright to put a main page banner up with a link to the thread that lead me here?

May I please steal your little banner in your sig? I want to put it up on my FB wall?

Taki

• Underling
    • Nerdfitti LLC
« Reply #210 on: September 05, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »
Absolutely!

I've also made two graphics as well, both with transparency

and

Please feel free to use them

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
« Reply #211 on: September 05, 2012, 03:40:11 PM »
O.k., this just came out of the blue to me....

There's an eerie parallel here between us and a little sci-fi show that a network wanted to cancel once after a single season...the fans did not like this...they did not like it one little bit...they rallied...they WON...and that little show became a juggernaut that's still merrily rolling along to this day....

NCSoft, if you're listening, I've got two words for you....

STAR TREK. 

I say we appeal to long-time fans of Star Trek...they've been through this before...perhaps they can help...and who knows, maybe a few of the cast members from over the years are aware of us....  ;)

dvandom

• Underling
« Reply #212 on: September 05, 2012, 03:51:31 PM »
Been spreading the word, tapping a few of my comics industry contacts.

---Dave aka @dvandom

TomFury

• Underling
« Reply #213 on: September 05, 2012, 04:20:38 PM »
I'm at work and the site's blocked, but has anyone posted about this on Cracked.com?  I'm pretty sure our demographics have some common denominators, and they've got a lot of folks over there.  Also, Mr. Swaim or Mr. O'Brian would probably give a shout out if asked politely.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #214 on: September 05, 2012, 04:42:03 PM »
Sent a tip, with the Examiner link, to ShackNews.com; that's the site Gamefly uses for their news updates, so we could reach many Gamefly subscribers that way.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #215 on: September 05, 2012, 07:04:31 PM »
Wouldn't it be a huge boon to NCSoft if they were able to market a game that was so beloved and so awesome that its fan base rallied sufficiently to save it?  They'd look good, and people would want to come find out what all the fuss was about. 

All this publicity could be turned to their favor . . . if only they'd see it that way.

deetdp07

• Underling
« Reply #216 on: September 05, 2012, 07:15:56 PM »
COUNT ME IN
Deon Moore
Last of the PURE EVIL COV

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #217 on: September 05, 2012, 07:27:44 PM »
Wouldn't it be a huge boon to NCSoft if they were able to market a game that was so beloved and so awesome that its fan base rallied sufficiently to save it?  They'd look good, and people would want to come find out what all the fuss was about. 

All this publicity could be turned to their favor . . . if only they'd see it that way.

We don't know that they're ignorant of that fact.  I mean, they are at least talking with the management of Paragon Studios.  So let's rally even harder and drive the point home.

MissKyo

• Underling
  • Nothing to see here. Move along.
« Reply #218 on: September 05, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »
You guys, please, for the love of all that is good in the world, please check your work for spelling, grammatical, and formatting errors before posting it anywhere that may get picked up by the media - and that means letters sent to professionals or celebrities, blog posts, article submissions, etc.

I know it sounds extremely petty of me to bring this up right now, but there are many people who will flat-out ignore a submission that requires heavy editing, uses chatspeak, or is difficult to understand. If you're not sure, Google it or ask someone else to read it over. We can't afford to have even one of the things people have been writing thrown away without being seen.

Dasher

• Minion
« Reply #219 on: September 05, 2012, 08:31:47 PM »
Thanks, Downix! Great job!