Author Topic: Call To Action: Get the word out  (Read 125177 times)

Exaultedninja

• Underling
Re: Call To Action: Get the word out
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2012, 06:55:11 AM »
I've done everything I can think of, I've signed the Petition, i've gotten friends to sign it. I've posted it on Facebook. I've even written a letter to NCsoft. I feel I should do more if there's anything anyone can think of that I can do please let me know.

Exaultedninja
@Thurmal Fallout (Justice, Virtue, Guardian)

LightofthePhoenix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2012, 07:45:26 AM »
This occurred to me earlier and I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere but I think Real World Hero could be a very good thing to mention to folks when discussing the pros of keeping the game around.  RWH has raised millions for charities in the past and has used City of Heroes as its rallying point, and the server donation competitions every year always seemed to be a big hit.
My CoH documentary class project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGcFC197rfQ

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2012, 08:53:59 AM »
This occurred to me earlier and I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere but I think Real World Hero could be a very good thing to mention to folks when discussing the pros of keeping the game around.  RWH has raised millions for charities in the past and has used City of Heroes as its rallying point, and the server donation competitions every year always seemed to be a big hit.
That's an excellent point.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Exaultedninja

• Underling
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2012, 09:06:42 AM »

So how would we go about setting something like that up?

AlaikaBalta

• Underling
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2012, 10:39:04 AM »
I don't know if any of your guys watched either SourceFed or PhillyD, but I shared a link into SourceFed's facebook page. Hoping that they would, at the very least, take a look at this.

EDIT: Also posted on Philip DeFranco's facebook page. Knowing how many subs he has in his youtube channel, the smallest exposure with his help would be quite good. Fingers crossed.

MOAR EDIT: Jensen010, are you, by chance, a member of DeFranco nation? :3
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:59:17 AM by AlaikaBalta »

Gilliam

• Minion
« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2012, 10:48:11 AM »
Just a little idea ,
get your server channel mods to put this url in the game start up chat. http://www.change.org/petitions/ncsoft-keep-ncsoft-from-shutting-down-city-of-heroes
 ive allready done Union server for badge hunters  and union chat i hope to do later today when a mod comes online.

But get it to as many ingame chat groups as you can
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

jensen010

• Underling
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2012, 05:47:16 PM »
Yes indeed :)

Seriously though, I think sourcefed and phillyd are a really good route to try, they're on the internet only and speak to what, a million people daily? I think a good way to present it to them is taking the angle the news article posted and linked to here and trying to mention this in a "can social media affect change in corporate decisions" type of story. So I say lets all try to get them to do it, itd be really good exposure

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
    • Repeat Offenders Network - Making the stupidly difficult easy since 2005
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2012, 05:49:12 PM »
Here's a shortened bit.ly link to the online petition: http://bit.ly/savecoh
Also please start using the hashtag #savecoh on Twitter.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2012, 06:08:55 PM »
Also:  we'd been discussing this a couple of weeks back anyway, but it would seem that now is a good time to fire up the Titan Twitter feed again.

Edit:  And just like that, we're up and running again!  @thetitannetwork
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:31:12 PM by eabrace »
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2012, 06:56:13 PM »
Golden Girl suggested I come over here, which was a good idea.

I'm located in SoCal (Long Beach, specifically), and would like to be part of and/or help organize some kind of efforts to get the word out. Perhaps we could start a charity drive in the name of Paragon Studios and CoH, or maybe do some viral videos (there have to be some actors and actresses and videographers out here!).

I'll try and brainstorm some ideas, but I've always been more of the creative support guy, and less the actual organizer myself. I really want to do something to try and raise the profile of this, so that we might better bolster our chances of getting CoH back.

Vyolit

• Underling
« Reply #190 on: September 04, 2012, 08:11:22 PM »
I have an idea, but need feedback. What if we did a campaign asking people to register for F2P on the game to show their support? Its more than just signing a petition, it would actually work towards increasing our customer base and community.

Are we still able to sign up for F2P accounts?

Something like, "Save Paragon City! Become a Hero!", or something...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:44:15 PM by Vyolit »

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #191 on: September 04, 2012, 10:07:50 PM »
I have an idea, but need feedback. What if we did a campaign asking people to register for F2P on the game to show their support? Its more than just signing a petition, it would actually work towards increasing our customer base and community.

Are we still able to sign up for F2P accounts?

Something like, "Save Paragon City! Become a Hero!", or something...

i dont think you can get an account for coh period anymore unless you happen to enter a serial code from a box set

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
« Reply #192 on: September 04, 2012, 11:35:16 PM »
Someone mentioned Real World Hero.  It made me think of another promotion CoH did a long, long time ago involved with sending copies of the game overseas to military serving in a combat zone.

I'll see if I can find some kind of link to it in my archives somewhere.

[Edit: Found it]  http://us.ncsoft.com/en/news/press-releases/ncsoft-gives-20.html

It would also be great if someone who received one of these copies is a player would be willing and able to share their story with us and the media.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:52:19 PM by storyteller@fuse.net »
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

Valjean

• Lieutenant
« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2012, 12:42:07 AM »
Is there a central blog or website that we can set up to be the main source of info for this? It'd be easier to get press coverage if they knew that they could always go to one website, which is constantly updated with all of the news.

Heavy Ion

• Minion
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2012, 01:19:44 AM »
I'm doing what many here are doing: writing letters, spreading the word about the petitions (including to non-players), and contacting various media who might be interested in this sort of thing. I also live less than 3 miles from NCsoft in Austin, TX. I wonder if there is anything else I specifically might be able to do, due to my proximity. I've contacted friends here in town who might know NCsoft employees, but so far nothing has materialized. Gonna keep trying! I have a co-worker with a tenuous connection to Richard Garriot, but from what I've read I'm not sure that would be much help to our cause.

Valjean

• Lieutenant
« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2012, 01:32:03 AM »
I'm doing what many here are doing: writing letters, spreading the word about the petitions (including to non-players), and contacting various media who might be interested in this sort of thing. I also live less than 3 miles from NCsoft in Austin, TX. I wonder if there is anything else I specifically might be able to do, due to my proximity. I've contacted friends here in town who might know NCsoft employees, but so far nothing has materialized. Gonna keep trying! I have a co-worker with a tenuous connection to Richard Garriot, but from what I've read I'm not sure that would be much help to our cause.

If they're rank & file NCsoft employees, they probably can 't do much. And I don't think most of the decision makers are at NCsoft Austin. It's either Seattle or Korea.

I definitely think hitting up celebrities such as comic book writers, actors (Wil Wheaton) via Twitter would help. Sometimes they've been known to get behind a cause like this.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2012, 01:36:04 AM »
If they're rank & file NCsoft employees, they probably can 't do much. And I don't think most of the decision makers are at NCsoft Austin. It's either Seattle or Korea.

I definitely think hitting up celebrities such as comic book writers, actors (Wil Wheaton) via Twitter would help. Sometimes they've been known to get behind a cause like this.

Mercedes Lackey is throwing her support behind us.  Very helpful.

What we need is nonstop (social) media coverage of this effort.  Exposure will elicit a response from NCsoft sooner rather than later, and we can adjust our plans accordingly.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #197 on: September 05, 2012, 01:37:57 AM »
This in-game quote has just been posted on Facebook:

"[Admin] Alpha Wolf: Sorry guys but I don't have any new update. I know Paragon management is having discussion with ncsoft and investors. Continue get people to sign online petitions, post on game forums, and just continue to make noises so ncsoft cannot ignore players."
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Dannii

• Minion
« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2012, 01:46:16 AM »
This in-game quote has just been posted on Facebook:

"[Admin] Alpha Wolf: Sorry guys but I don't have any new update. I know Paragon management is having discussion with ncsoft and investors. Continue get people to sign online petitions, post on game forums, and just continue to make noises so ncsoft cannot ignore players."
Don't forget about Twitter.  That will get the word out fast if everyone signs up for a account online and tweets Keep COH alive! Or We're here, We're here! Keep COH alive!  or something that we all can tweet.  Just a thought

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #199 on: September 05, 2012, 02:06:23 AM »
Don't forget about Twitter.  That will get the word out fast if everyone signs up for a account online and tweets Keep COH alive! Or We're here, We're here! Keep COH alive!  or something that we all can tweet.  Just a thought
#SaveCOH
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin