Author Topic: IOs and ATOs inheriting +'s from Boosting and Relative Levels.  (Read 3296 times)

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
I placed a Hami-O and then increased it's level to +3.  I then noticed that other IOs after this one I placed inherited the +3 boost. 

After playing around with it more, I found that ATOs were also inheriting the +3 and could in fact be boosted to +5 (something that can't be done in game). 

Using the "Slots/Enhancements -> Set all IOs to... -> Default (50)" allows IOs to keep their boosts.  So does "Slots/Enhancements -> Set all IOs to... -> Maximum".

This boosting behavior seems to persist through saving and opening a new build.

This issue could actually create a fairly large problem for me.  I recently re-tooled a number of builds and made decisions based on percentages I was seeing.  This boosted carry-over might have borked my decisions on slotting as it infects builds where I might make a minor change and then move on to the next one.

Thank you.
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

monkeyslap

• Minion
Re: IOs and ATOs inheriting +'s from Boosting and Relative Levels.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 10:29:51 PM »
I placed a Hami-O and then increased it's level to +3.  I then noticed that other IOs after this one I placed inherited the +3 boost. 

After playing around with it more, I found that ATOs were also inheriting the +3 and could in fact be boosted to +5 (something that can't be done in game). 

Using the "Slots/Enhancements -> Set all IOs to... -> Default (50)" allows IOs to keep their boosts.  So does "Slots/Enhancements -> Set all IOs to... -> Maximum".

This boosting behavior seems to persist through saving and opening a new build.

This issue could actually create a fairly large problem for me.  I recently re-tooled a number of builds and made decisions based on percentages I was seeing.  This boosted carry-over might have borked my decisions on slotting as it infects builds where I might make a minor change and then move on to the next one.

Thank you.

Did you try clicking Slots/Enhancements at the top then selecting Set all Relative Levels to....>Even Levels? That works as far as I can tell and it will deboost everything and make then level 50 or whatever the max is and nothing will be boosted at all. It will also stay this way when saving. I had 1 build where I did in fact boost every single IO I possibly could in game because I had the boosters from super packs. (415 boosters total  ;D). I accidentally saved my build after selecting to set all levels to even (I wanted to see non boosted totals) and when I opened the build again not a single IO was boosted.

There is 1 problem though in relation to what you are talking about and I found it out in Mids version 1.954 prior to version 1.955 being released. If you click Slots/Enhancements>Set all Relative Levels to....>+1 to +5 it will in fact "boost" every single enhancement including ATOs and procs that can NOT be boosted in game.

There is however a manual way, although a bit more time consuming: right click an enhancement slot and in the pop up window put your mouse over the enhancement you want to place in the slot and press the + key on the number pad, usually the far right of a standard keyboard. You can also press the - key to deboost it. A less timely way to do this would be to click Slots/Enhancements at the top then go ahead and Set all Relative Levels to....> (The number you want them boosted to), then go through and manually deboost the ones you don't want boosted/aren't suppose to be boosted by the method mentioned.

Note: When You do the manual method I mentioned, you will find that you when you press the + key nothing happens on enhancements that can't actually be boosted.

I don't put hami-os in my builds because at this time I don't know where to get them and they are too pricy in the auction for my budget.

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
Re: IOs and ATOs inheriting +'s from Boosting and Relative Levels.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 07:50:14 PM »
Inheriting boosts/relative levels is intentional, the same way that when you type in a level for an enhancement, that's the default for all of them. As Monkeyslap mentioned, you can use the +/- keys to change those when setting an enhancement.

As for boosts appearing on things that can't normally be boosted, that might have to wait until I redo the enhancement system (just like how it can't currently handle Attuned enhancements properly).