Author Topic: Suggestion for Wiki: to prepare for 'The Coming Storm'  (Read 4217 times)

taosin

• Boss
Suggestion for Wiki: to prepare for 'The Coming Storm'
« on: March 31, 2012, 02:40:13 AM »
At the moment, The Coming Storm is a solo page with some cheat-notes, tracking the older clues for this event. Recent releases have upped the ante, and The Coming Storm is going to be a major event / major content down the track. I'd expect each new content update to include more and more; doubtles we'll see an issue primarily about this, as well. (i.e. The battalion Arrives...)

I'd like to suggest the following to prepare for this, so that when it hits the wiki has most of what it needs. Feedback please! is this a reasonable idea?

1. Start a new Category Category:The Coming Storm
2. Add that category to all articles that presently reference it, from The Pilgrim up to the new DA content. include known contacts who are part of it too.
3. Revise/finesse  The Coming Storm as an anchor page for the topic; a simpler overview, and then a summary to date, then the links allowing people to follow a trail of breadcrumbs and read through he wiki about about this, from beginning to end (in theoretical order a character may experience it.

I'd like to note explicitly, that The Coming Storm has been presented without an alignment bias. So far, villains and heroes are asked to consider a moral choice, and I do not expect this to change. (For example, I wouldn't expect to see it presented as heroes vs. villains, or villains asked  to be automatically on one side). It's an interesting development, in that we may end up needing to categorize two sides of the event, pro and against the Menders' plans, for example. So far I think mender Silos and the Dream Doctor are the two protagonists for each 'way' of handling it.

This sound ok? I'd rather discuss it or give folks a chance to comment before doing it, there  may be a better way or something I have overlooked     ;)

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
Re: Suggestion for Wiki: to prepare for 'The Coming Storm'
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 05:06:54 AM »
Sounds like a pretty reasonable direction to take things. /thumbsup

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 12:39:47 AM »
Agreed completely with that direction!

Especially the anchor page and category parts!

K26dp

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 04:45:23 PM »
When it's here, is everyone going to refer to it as "The Storm"?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 04:53:05 PM »
And then "The Storm that Came and Went"
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 01:22:13 AM »
And then "The Storm that Came and Went"
I dunno if that one will catch on.

When it's here, I believe we will call it 'Battalion.'

Catwhoorg

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 01:27:45 PM »
I'm calling it George...

Catwhoorg Claws/Regen/Awesome of Triumph

Dabbling with CO and LOTRO.

Mainly playing single player games and PBEM wargames.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 02:15:42 PM »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov