Author Topic: Signature/Avatar Style Not Updating  (Read 6053 times)

Alpha

• Underling
Signature/Avatar Style Not Updating
« on: March 15, 2012, 01:38:12 PM »
Hello,

I am having an issue with my signature and avatar styles not updating.

I ran a couple of searches, but nothing turned up.

I went to both Avatar and Signature settings and wanted to change Online to Archetype and Offline to Hero. I do this and click save for each, but nothing happens and both still show the default CGT options.

I have tried 2 different computers and an iPad in case it was something software related.

However, when I configure Badge avatars and signatures they do stick. I even see a "Settings Saved!" message in red font which I do not see when clicking save for the Online/Offline avatars and signatures.

Am I missing an option somewhere to make these stick?

Thank you for any possible assistance.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Signature/Avatar Style Not Updating
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 05:09:37 PM »
I just updated both my Avatar and Signature settings, both the Offline and Online items, and they both Saved each time.  Producing the "Saved" red letter text.  I used Google Chrome and IE 8, logged in, made changes, saved, logged out, cleared cookies, closed Browser, started over and Logged in, my changes were still there.

Can you please tell me if you have tested this after clearing your cookies, and in which Browser(s) you are using?

Alpha

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 05:18:54 PM »
Thank you for the response.

I have used:

* IE9 in Private Browsing Mode.
* IE9 at home (not Private Browsing Mode).
* Firefox 11 in Private Browsing Mode.
* Chrome (Latest Version).
* Chrome (Latest Version) after clearing all browsing data.
* Safari on iPad 2 running iOS 5.1.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 05:38:59 PM »
I apologize, I cannot replicate this, using FF, IE and Chrome from work, everything is updating and saving fine on the CIT Avy / Sig Pages.  Funny thing I see now though is even if not changing anything for the Online / Offline Sigs, if I click the Save Button, I get a repeated "saved" message.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/Mysticimp22/Saved.png

Aside from that, everything works for me so I will have to get the others involved, see if anyone else can reproduce this.

Alpha

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »
Thanks again for the reply...

It really is odd. I have tried this across multiple computers and different browsers.

It's not a deal breaker or anything, but I was curious as if I was going to be able to fix it.

I will keep trying and report if anything changes.

Thanks again.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 01:11:53 PM »
Well something has changed because now my Avy here has updated with the CIT Settings, whereas before I had it separate for my Custom Avy.  So ya, still looking into it, sorry.

Alpha

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 02:06:38 PM »
No worries at all.

Please let me know if I can be of help in any way.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 01:35:04 PM »
Please try your Sig / Avy settings again and see if it works.  First, please try this without anything changing in your Browsers, should it fail, then please make sure that all cookies / history / etc is cleared from said browsers and then try again.

Please let me know if either the first or second attempt works.

Just a side note, my initial comment prior about my Avy being changed is incorrect.  I had a custom one set behind the scenes from a long time ago and when I went in to test your issue out, I overrode that custom Avy with the CIT Settings, so that is actually working as intended and I mistook it for a mistake lol.  Just wanted to clarify that.