Author Topic: Performance Shifter Proc  (Read 4066 times)

tenaveran

• Underling
Performance Shifter Proc
« on: February 03, 2012, 03:20:13 PM »
Before I put this in bugs, I wanted to know if this is even supported functionality. Is the Performance Shifter Chance for End proc supposed to affect Totals? It doesn't appear to be, but I don't know if this is a bug or simply something that Mid's doesn't calculate.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Performance Shifter Proc
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 05:17:13 PM »
It doesn't because it grants a static amount of endurance (a percent of your max end) when it procs. It doesn't increase your recovery rate or increase your endurance amount, so there is nothing to track.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 12:42:10 AM »
The Performance Shifter proc can be slotted into auto powers (Stamina, Quick Recovery, Superior Conditioning, Physical Perfection) for a consistent check every 10 seconds, but does not in and of itself boost your Endurance recovery. It has a 20% chance for 10 Endurance (regardless of your max Endurance) which triggers every 10 seconds, which averages out to 0.2 eps, but is neither guaranteed nor suitable for combat considerations.

Totals in Mids shows Endurance replenished over time due to Recovery, but this nebulous "you'll average out to some 0.2 endurance per second with this proc" measurement doesn't have anywhere to go.

And since it should be said, Performance Shifter's proc in auto powers should not be considered the same thing as Recovery, no matter how you slice it. It's an average, but in practice you'll see sometimes more, sometimes less over any given time frame.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 03:40:28 PM »
It has a 20% chance for 10 Endurance (regardless of your max Endurance) which triggers every 10 seconds, which averages out to 0.2 eps, but is neither guaranteed nor suitable for combat considerations.
This is inaccurate... it grants 10% End, which IS modified by what your max-endurance value is.  I get something like 11.72 on one of my characters.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 05:54:10 PM »
I just checked; it is 10%. *Updates wiki*

So that makes the average Endurance replenishment (0.002 * MaxEndurance)/s

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 05:20:39 PM »
I, for one, would welcome an option that figured in the average effects of procs into the best fit mechanical display.

With Performance Shifter, e.g., it would answer the question: "On average, is the +End Proc better than X amount of +Recovery from some other set?"

tenaveran

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 07:15:13 PM »
That was exactly my thought, Zombie. I could have sworn it *used* to do that but it looks like I'm wrong. :)

eshirako

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 08:07:36 PM »

Not /terribly/ long ago in the past, the PerfShifter proc was a flat 10...or at least it only displayed 10; I'm not 100% sure on which was actually the case.  Some time recently-ish (the past year..?) it got corrected to show 10% as a proper number; I remember being surprised to see 12.75 end granted, not 10, when I saw it once.

-liz