Author Topic: Glacia Article - Finishing Touches  (Read 4767 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Glacia Article - Finishing Touches
« on: January 18, 2012, 05:19:14 AM »
Crap.  I got bitten by the SOPA blackout.  Finishing my editing here so that I can copy/paste the changes over when the blackout ends.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Glacia Article - Finishing Touches
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 05:50:23 AM »
== Story Arc ==
=== {{UL|The Fate of All Men}} ===
==== Souvenir ====
{{missing}}

Excellent. I've done some investigating on my end and found out that Darrin Wade and the formerly living Malaise frequently met at a bar in Port Oakes, one of the islands in the Rogue Isles.

Back Alley Brawler is near the bar, waiting for you. This is supposed to be a quiet operation, you understand. We can't risk letting Wade know we're chasing him, and we can't waste time dealing with Arachnos. You'll need to search the bar to see if you can find any evidence of where Darrin Wade's hideout might be.

In the meantime, I'll be doing what I can to track down Statesman.

* {{green|Investigate the Blackbeard Bar}}

'''Unnecessary Solicitation:'''

I'm not having any luck on my end here, {{Character}}. How about you?

{{Mission Objective|Entrance=You step into the bar to see Back Alley Brawler arguing with members of the Vindicators.|Primary=Investigate the Blackbeard Bar|Secondary=Find Darrin Wade inside the tunnels beneath the bar|Additional=**Get back upstairs|Completion= You fought off Captain Mako and received information from Glacia on where to go next!}}

'''Enemies'''
* {{Enemy Arachnos}}
* {{Enemy Soldiers of Rularuu}}

'''Notable NPCs:'''
* [[Back Alley Brawler]]
* [[Barracuda]]
* [[Captain Mako]]
* [[Darrin Wade?]]
* [[Ice Mistral]]
* [[Infernal]]
* [[Ms Liberty]]
* [[Mynx]]
* [[Silver Mantis]]
* [[Valkyrie]]
* [[Wretch]]

{{NPC Text|title=Mounting Tension|text=
'''Back Alley Brawler:''' Liberty, I told you, this was supposed to be a -quiet- operation.

'''Ms. Liberty:''' I don't care, Brawler! If Wade was behind my mother's death, then I'm going to bring him in!

'''Mynx:''' Yeah! You think just 'cause you were one of the Regulators that you can tell us what to do?!

'''Back Alley Brawler:''' You're all putting this entire operation in jeopardy! Do you think Arachnos WON'T notice all of us here?!

'''Valkyrie:''' You can't expect Ms. Liberty to stay out of such a personal matter!

'''Back Alley Brawler:''' I -expect- you all to keep your acts together and let {{Character}} and I handle finding Darrin Wade!}}

{{Mission Briefing
|Type=Briefing
|Contact=Darrin Wade?
|Text=Why, hello, {{Character}}. I assume you're here to arrest me, right? That's too bad for you.

''After all of your experiences with super villains, you're able to tell that this isn't Darrin Wade. His posture is wrong and the image is slightly see-through.''

''Wade left you a decoy, most likely to buy himself some time. The tunnel behind the fake Wade is collapsed, meaning that he does not want you going that way.''

* {{green|(Call Glacia)}}

''You call up Glacia and inform her of what you found, then ask for detailed plans on the tunnel system beneath Port Oakes.''

''Glacia informs you that she can get you that information in a few minutes.''

''The fake Wade continues talking, flinging various insults about your career as a hero and how useless/hopeless your efforts are.''

* {{green|(Leave)}}

''As you leave, you get a SOS from Back Alley Brawler!''

* {{green|(Help Brawler!)}}
}}

{{NPC Text|title=Company|text=
''Before Combat''

'''Back Alley Brawler:'''  Back Alley Brawler here, we've got some Arachnos company, I could use a hand!}}

{{NPC Text|title=Showdown at the Blackbeard Bar|text=
'''Captain Mako:''' Looks like {{Character}} made it to this little shindig too. Like a nice little family. What're you doing here, Brawler?

'''Ms. Liberty:''' We're on an important mission here, Mako! Back off!

'''Captain Mako:''' Quiet, blondie, the adults are talking.

'''Back Alley Brawler:''' You've got a serious infestation of Rularuu beneath here, Mako! This is bigger than you!

'''Captain Mako:''' Maybe, but I rounded up the help from the patron sidekick squad to deal with you all.

'''Captain Mako:''' I figure, we'll slice ya all up, then handle whatever problems we've got with Rularuu.

'''Captain Mako:''' Now, take 'em down!

''During Combat''
Mynx: I'm in the mood for some FISH food, Barracuda!

Ms. Liberty: You don't deserve that mantle of yours, Ice Mistral!

Valkyrie: Your reign of terror will end today, Silver Mantis!

Back Alley Brawler: I'm sending you back to where you belong, Mako!

Infernal: You're a troubled soul, Wretch. It pains me to do this!

Mynx: Do you realize how LAME you and Mako are?! Mutated FISH? Really?

Ms. Liberty: You could change, Ice Mistral! Don't you see this path isn't taking you anywhere?!

Back Alley Brawler: I've handled a ton of mutant punks like you, Mako. You're just another blip on the radar!

Mynx: Too bad we're not in the water, I'm sure you'd do MUCH better there!

Ms. Liberty: The Monks chose you for a reason! You can still rise to what you were supposed to be!

Valkyrie: You may have brute force, but I have skill on my side!

Infernal: Tell your patron that she is next! I have dealt with her kind before!

Barracuda: You haven't heard the last of us!

Mynx: Go back to whatever pond you swam out of!

Ms. Liberty: Think about this, Ice Mistral! It could be different!

Back Alley Brawler: You made a mistake trying to take on the Brawler, Mako!

Infernal: You fight well, Wretch! But even your strength is no match for us!

Captain Mako: This isn't the end, we'll be back!

Back Alley Brawler: Run back to your master, tell him to get his island in order!

Wretch: Wretch hurt bad...!

Infernal: We'll break you free from Arachnos one day, Wretch.

Valkyrie: Give up, Silver Mantis!

Silver Mantis: Fantastic...!

Valkyrie: You're finished, Silver Mantis. Don't come back!}}

{{NPC Text|title="Glacia here..."|text=
'''Glacia:''' Glacia here, come in {{Character}}!

'''Glacia:''' I'm sending schematics on the tunnel system in Port Oakes. A woman named Indigo was able to get them for me. When you're ready, we'll have another transport to take you over to the next tunnel entrance.}}

{{Mission Clue
|Name=Port Oakes Tunnel System
|Text=You received a detailed map of the tunnel system located beneath Port Oakes. You look over the map to see where Blackbeard's tavern is located.

After a few minutes, you're able to figure out how to get into the tunnels that Darrin Wade seemed to be protecting; unfortunately, it will require you going into one of the older sewer networks in Port Oakes.}}

Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 05:50:59 AM »

Let's hope you can find something in his lair about what he's planning. I've got nothing on my end. Ugh!

{{Mission Objective|Entrance= Port Oakes is normally not a dangerous place, but you can sense something wrong in these sewers.

You feel a weird energy flow through your body - the presence of Rularuu monsters!|Primary=Access Darrin Wade's Lair|Secondary=Get inside Darrin Wade's Lair|Additional=** 3 groups of Rularuu monsters to clear out of Darrin Wade's lair
** 3 pieces of evidence to find in Darrin Wade's lair|Completion=You've discovered where Darrin Wade is and that he plans on killing Statesman!}}

[[File:Darrin Wade's Lair.jpg|thumb|Darrin Wade's Lair]]

'''Enemies'''

* [[Crimson]]
* [[Indigo]]
* [[Mu'Drakhan]]
* [[Shadow Spider]]
* [[Viridian]]

{{NPC Text|title=Not Alone|text=
''Before Combat''

'''Mu'Drakhan:''' Well, {{Character}}, you're here. Just as we had suspected.

'''Viridian:''' I'm sure, though, that {{Character}} isn't terribly afraid of us.

'''Shadow Spider:''' And that he didn't come alone. I know you're both out there!

'''Indigo:''' Still as sharp as ever, I see.

'''Crimson:''' Enough with the chit-chat. We're here to handle business regarding Darrin Wade.

'''Viridian:''' So are we. It's unfortunate that we'll have to solve this the old-fashioned fighting way, I prefer more subtle approaches.

'''Crimson:''' So do I. Let's not waste any more time, then.

''During Combat''

'''Indigo:''' Here I thought we'd never cross paths again. Shadow Spider, though? You went with that code name?

'''Crimson:''' It's been a while, Viridian. Almost too long.

'''Crimson:''' Are you losing your touch? Have you already forgotten the military training?

'''Mu'Drakhan:''' You're only prolonging the inevitable!

'''Crimson:''' You'll have to report a failure back to Recluse, Viridian. That won't look good at all, will it?

'''Viridian:''' Well. Until next time.

'''Crimson:''' Tell Recluse that we'll take good care of this information.

'''Indigo:''' You've spent too much time outside of the field. Your moves are too predictable.

'''Indigo:''' You'll never win like this. You're trying too hard.

'''Shadow Spider: Hrmph.'''

'''Crimson: Situation handled. We'll cover you from up here.'''

'''Indigo: Until we meet again, 'Shadow Spider'.'''

'''Indigo: All clear. We'll keep an eye out up here.'''
}}

{{Mission Clue|Name=The Secrets of Cimerora|Text= You found a large pile of notes regarding Cimerora. It appears that these notes were taken over the span of ten years. You read them over, all of the information coming together to form an almost improbable conclusion.

It begins with a woman named Sister Airlia, who was able to enchant Imperious, the former ruler of Cimerora. He would listen to everything she would say.

Romulus Augustus, an enemy to Cimerora, had his armies driven back by what Wade calls 'time-travelling meddlers'. He made one last attempt to attack Cimerora, this time aided by monsters called the Talons of Vengeance. Wade makes a note, saying he's not sure why the Talons attacked Cimerora in the first place.

Romulus Augustus was defeated one final time by a time traveler. However, due to his powers, he could not be killed by normal means, much like Imperious. Sister Airlia, however, had a plan, one that she had been working on for many years.

Sister Airlia created a powerful ritual that could nullify the essences of Imperious and Romulus. The ritual would then use the built up power to ''kill'' the two. The ritual required the blood of Imperious to be empowered, although Darrin Wade makes a note here that it could be anyone's blood related to the 'target'.

Sister Airlia convinced Imperious that if Cimerora was to be safe from Romulus, Imperious would have to give up his life to keep Romulus in place for the ritual. Imperious accepted, and the ritual was performed at the top of the Sybil Temple. Imperious and Romulus were killed, ending the reign of Imperious and the terror of Romulus.

On the bottom of the last page is a comment by Wade, stating that he finally gathered all the components needed to match Airlia's ritual. You realize that if this is true, Darrin Wade has the power to ''kill'' Statesman!}}

{{Mission Clue|Name=Summoning Rularuu|Text= You looked through the remains of Darrin Wade's library to find any sort of important information. You find multiple journals and read them over, looking for anything important. It's odd that Darrin Wade would leave such important items here. He must believe it's too late for his plan to be stopped, or he ''wants'' you to know what he's doing.

You see that over the past ten years, Darrin Wade has been working on a magic spell that would break the dimensional barrier between this world and the Shadow Shard, the dimension where Rularuu is imprisoned. Wade makes notes that this mission is pure suicide without proper preparation, as Rularuu will destroy all of existence if he is to be released.

Wade, however, decided to come up with a plan: to merge with Rularuu and take ''control'' of the creature by summoning small portions of him into this world. If he could take over Rularuu piece by piece, he could ascend and become something more than any super-powered individual. Darrin Wade's goal was... or rather, ''is'', to become a new Rularuu! He makes note that once this happens, he can have full control over the world. No longer would he have to live in a world where all of the knowledge he has amounts to nothing against a dumb oaf who happened to be blessed with super strength.

The final page in his last journal details that he's gathered all the items needed to bring Rularuu into this world, a trio of artifacts called the 'items of power'. There is fresh writing at the bottom, as if Wade wrote the last part hours ago. It's written to you, with Wade saying that it's far too late to stop his plan, but that you're welcome to try. Wade says that today everything will come together and a new age will begin.}}

{{Mission Clue|Name=Luring our Statesman|Text=You dig through another one of Wade's chests for any information. You find a letter, addressed to you.

''Dear {{Character}}, Did my trick in the tunnels fool you? Or did you try to butter up the Arbiters to get information about me? Oh, what about my journals? I hope you were able to piece together the research I did on Cimerora. It's very sloppy, but then again, I have been working on this for nearly a decade.''

''Anyway, today is when all of the pieces snap together. To be honest, I'm excited to see it happen. My hands are trembling slightly at the very thought.''

''Today, I will kill Statesman, and then, I will kill you. There is still more to my plan after this, and I can't risk having you living. The beautiful part will be taking both Statesman's powers and your own. I have the final obelisk belonging to that idiotic ghost, Alastor. It's tucked away, safe and sound; I won't be revealing that part of my plan.''

''I'm assuming you were held up by the numerous road blocks I put in your way. As we speak, Statesman is flying towards the modern day ruins of Cimerora. I've sprinkled information for him to find me there; after all, he has been looking for me for quite some time. He doesn't know a thing about the ritual though, which is why it'll be that much more exciting when I kill him.''

''Of course, the ritual won't work on you. Or anyone else, for that matter. The components are all destroyed once it's used, thanks to how poorly Sister Airlia formed the ritual. I'll just kill you with Statesman's powers, and if that doesn't suffice... well, there are plans.''

''I need to get going, my Rularuu guests have arrived. I'll look forward to killing you, {{Character}}.''

''Regards,''

''Darrin Wade.''}}

Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 05:51:19 AM »

What?! {{Character}}, this is bad, you need to get there, NOW! I'm trying to scramble the rest of the Phalanx together, so just hang in there!

{{Mission Objective|Entrance=Some sort of barrier prevents you from reaching the top of the temple. You'll need to destroy whatever Rularuu soldiers are forming the barrier!|Primary=Confront Darrin Wade|Secondary=3 Rularuu 'Ambassadors' to defeat in order to break Wade's seal on the temple|Additional=** Find and defeat Darrin Wade
**{{orange|Defeat Apect of Ruladak?}}
**{{Investigate Statesman's Remains}}|Completion=}}

'''Enemies'''
* {{Enemy Ex-Midnighter}}

* Aspect of Ruladak
* [[Darrin Wade]]
* Rularuu Ambassador ([[Soldiers of Rularuu#Honored Brute|Rularuu Honored Brute]])
* Rularuu Ambassador ([[Soldiers of Rularuu#Overseer|Rularuu Overseer]])
* Rularuu Ambassador ([[Soldiers of Rularuu#Wisp Overlord|Rularuu Wisp Overlord]])
* [[Statesman]]

{{Cutscene|Text=
[[File:Fate of All Men - Statesman Confronts Wade.jpg|thumb]]
'''Darrin Wade:''' It looks like... You're -really- taking your daughter's death hard, Statesman!

'''Statesman:''' There's nowhere left to run, Wade! You're going to pay for everything that you've done!

'''Darrin Wade:''' Oh? Are you going to kill me now, Statesman?

'''Darrin Wade:''' Avenge the death of your daughter once and for all?

'''Statesman:''' No, Wade. You're going to -rot- in prison, and I'm going to make sure you do so until the day you -die-.

'''Statesman:''' I don't kill.

'''Darrin Wade:''' That's too bad, because I -do-.
{{clr}}

[[File:Fate of All Men - Wade Springs the Trap.jpg|thumb]]
'''Statesman:''' AAAAAAAAGH!!
{{clr}}

[[File:Fate of All Men - Deadly Power.jpg|thumb]]
'''Darrin Wade:''' Do you feel that, Statesman? It's the same power that killed Imperious and Romulus.

'''Darrin Wade:''' As we speak, your powers are being completely nullified. It should feel -quite- familiar.

'''Darrin Wade:''' Do you have any last words, before you die?

{{clr}}

[[File:Fate of All Men - At Wade's Mercy.jpg|thumb]]
'''Statesman:''' You'll never... succeed... Wade... villainy like yours... never... does...!

'''Darrin Wade:''' -That- was it? How trite. Goodbye, Statesman, I'll use your power well!
{{clr}}

[[File:Fate of All Men - Statesman's Final Moments.jpg|thumb]]
'''Statesman:''' AAAAAAAAAGHHH!
{{clr}}

[[File:Fate of All Men - Young Megan.jpg|thumb]]
'''Young Megan:''' Grandpa, can you fly to Heaven?

'''Statesman:''' No, honey, you can only go to Heaven when you die.

'''Young Megan:''' ... But if you can't die, how will you see me, mommy, and grandma after WE die?
{{clr}}

[[File:Fate of All Men - Ms. Liberty.jpg|thumb]]
'''Statesman:''' ''You were so young back then... before you even thought about becoming Ms. Liberty...''
{{clr}}

[[File:Fate of All Men - Stephan Richter.jpg|thumb]]
'''Stephan Richter:''' Marcus, hang in there! You will NOT die on my watch, do you understand?!
{{clr}}

[[File:Fate of All Men - Lord Recluse.jpg|thumb]]
'''Statesman:''' ''Stefan... Recluse... You used to be my closest friend. I want to hate you, even in these last moments...''

'''Statesman:''' ''But... I hope that Megan is right. That you -can- be saved in the end, just like I once was.''
{{clr}}

[[File:Fate of All Men - Maiden Justice.jpg|thumb]]
'''Statesman:''' Monica...?

'''Maiden Justice:'''It's over, Marcus. We've all been waiting a long time for you to be with us again.

'''Statesman:''' But, Darrin Wade... someone needs to stop him. He's going to have my powers, and-

'''Maiden Justice:''' The fate of the world never rested on one person's shoulders, Marcus. It's time for you to finally rest and see that.
{{clr}}

[[File:Fate of All Men - Transfer of Power.jpg|thumb]]
'''Darrin Wade:''' I can feel it, your power flowing through me! Finally...

'''Darrin Wade:''' Soon, Statesman, I will bow to NO man, no authority, no GOD! YOU are just the first step!

{{clr}}

[[File:Fate of All Men - Statesman Falls.jpg|thumb]]
'''Darrin Wade:''' After so many years of planning... Everything is nearly complete. Now, to tie up one last loose end before it's Psyche's turn...
}}

{{NPC Text|title=Taking Down Wade|text=
'''Darrin Wade:''' {{Character}}! I see you've found everything I left for you! Let's finish this, once and for all!

'''Darrin Wade:''' Your efforts are pointless, {{Character}}! I have the power of Statesman, the power of Zeus!

'''Darrin Wade:''' Hrmph. I have things to do and heroes to kill. I have monsters that can kill the likes of you!

'''Darrin Wade:''' Witness just a mere fraction of Rularuu's power, {{Character}}! I give you an aspect of Ruladak the Ravager!

'''Darrin Wade:''' Luckily for you, I have not reached the point where I can summon the full force of Ruladak.

'''Darrin Wade:''' Do you think I'm a monster, {{Character}}? I would try to explain myself further, but I'm sure we're beyond the point of civil discussion.

'''Darrin Wade:''' Just understand, I have a plan to deal with Rularuu entering this world, and it WILL work. I'm not about to let him wipe out all of existence.

'''Darrin Wade:''' Well, it looks like you're doing quite well against the aspect of Ruladak! It's a shame I didn't research how past versions of YOU were killed off.

'''Darrin Wade:''' Hrmph. It doesn't matter. There are cogs that have been turning for years now, {{Character}}.

'''Darrin Wade:''' You can't stop the inevitable from happening, but I certainly will have plenty more chances to throw you off of this mortal coil!
}}

{{Mission Briefing
|Type=Briefing
|Contact=Statesman
|Text=''Statesman lies on the ground, his body completely still, his lifeless eyes staring past you. You're not sure why, but despite the immense amount of pain he must have been in, Statesman died with a small smile on his face.''

* {{green|(Revive Statesman)}}

''You do everything in your power to bring Statesman back, but nothing seems to work.''

''Statesman is dead and gone, his spirit beyond your reach.''

* {{green|(Close Statesman's Eyes and Leave)}}

''You close Statesman's eyes and step away from him. Wherever he is now, hopefully he can finally find the peace that he never had in his life as a hero.''

* {{green|(Leave)}}
}}

'''Debrief'''

''You tell Glacia everything that happened at the temple in Cimerora. She stutters for several moments before speaking.''

I... I don't believe it. How could... how could Statesman have been killed by someone like...

He fought in the Rikti War, {{Character}}! He stood toe to toe with Lord Recluse countless times! He saved the world more times than I can remember!

And now he's... he's just ''gone''. No farewells... no speeches. What are we supposed to do now, {{Character}}? I know Statesman was only one person, but he was a symbol, {{Character}}. And now that symbol is gone.

I'm sorry, I've seen so much death and suffering on the Rikti homeworld, especially when they captured Hero 1. Maybe I was just hoping that things would stay constant here, unlike our time fighting in that place. I shouldn't be afraid, though. You said you fought Darrin Wade to the point where he was forced to retreat, right?

I'll be fine... I'm starting to come around now. Things look bad, downright horrible, but we can get through this because we're all in this together, and because we have you. There's clearly one person left that Darrin Wade is terrified of, and that's you, {{Character}}. Statesman is gone, but... we can still get through all of this, as long as we stick together. I'm going to work with the Phalanx on what to do next. Someone will contact you when the time is right, if you don't find Wade on your own, that is.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 05:55:23 AM »
Unformatted, but here's the souvenir text

Broadcast of Statesman's Death

News stations all over the world were broadcasting the news of Statesman's death the night after it happened. The Freedom Phalanx wanted to keep it a secret, but it seems someone leaked the information to the press. One of the gloomier newscasts called Statesman's death...

The Fate of All Men

The news reports that the man behind Statesman's death was Darrin Wade. They do not go into the details about how he died, never mentioning that you and Back Alley Brawler travelled to the Isles to look for Darrin Wade's lair. Nobody knows Wade's true plan, that Statesman was just a stepping stone towards his goal to summon and become Rularuu. None of them know that Darrin Wade now has the power of Statesman; such a thought might instill too much fear into the populace of Paragon, even though Statesman was not the spotlight hero that he used to be.

You may always remember that moment when you stood over Statesman's body. His face was smiling. It almost looked like he was simply playing dead, if not for his lifeless eyes staring past you. It seems that Statesman welcomed his death; perhaps he finally grasped the rest he was looking for after fighting crime for several decades.

You saw one newscast which had Glacia as a guest star. The reporter asked Glacia what the world was going to do now without a hero as powerful as Statesman to protect us from villains like Wade and Recluse. Glacia slammed her fist into the table and told the reporter that the world still have heroes such as yourself who will stand up against people like Darrin Wade. Statesman may be dead, but it is not the end of the world. It is a new beginning for the people to see that there are hundreds of heroes who can stand and protect them from the evils of the world.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

taosin

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 06:06:27 AM »
Was fun watching you do all that , you know! Was about to hop on and finish the stuff I started yesterday, but realised too many cooks. Nice work!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 05:27:43 PM »
Was about to hop on and finish the stuff I started yesterday, but realised too many cooks. Nice work!

Thanks.  And you have no idea how much appreciate you holding off for a bit.  It really throws a wrench in the works when I finish entering something like a huge dialogue tree, click to submit, and see the big red letters informing me that someone else has edited the article since I started and I'll have to manually merge the two change sets.  I try to keep my edits in as small a section as possible to help avoid that, but on this arc you only visit Glacia once.  All of the missions automatically follow from one to the next without any additional visits or phone calls.  That means the whole arc ended up being one big section - and it made me nervous every time I got ready to submit changes.  :)

Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 04:07:51 PM »
Just a gentle reminder: please try to put new mission content in the Mission: namespace when you can. That way it doesn't have to be done separately later, and it maintains your editing history. (It also may help slightly with the multiple editor issue since they'd be in separate articles then.)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 05:05:40 PM »
I don't think we've actually put any Task Force missions in the Mission namespace.  Not that we shouldn't, but that just comes to mind.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 06:09:23 PM »
Well, I did it for Alastor.  But perhaps that's the only case where it's been done.

I hadn't even thought of these as Task Forces since you can solo them and they're called "story arcs", but you're right that they use the TF mechanics to kick off and such. Either way, they're still missions. On the Paragon Wiki:Mission articles guidance page, one of the examples is "Mission:Time's Arrow - The Oracle of Phoebas" which is from a TF (not that we've converted the ITF yet).

So I think we should definitely be putting new TF content in the Mission namespace. :)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 06:16:22 PM »
Agreed, and I'll probably move Glacia's missions over later today or tomorrow.  I just need to decide whether I'm going to move them as three separate missions or one mission (since you only actually visit Glacia once.)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 06:23:32 PM »
Mission article guidelines says one article. :)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal