Author Topic: Store bought enhancements and respec  (Read 1561 times)

dolo730

• Underling
Store bought enhancements and respec
« on: December 14, 2011, 05:30:02 PM »
I've only been playing for roughly about a month... initially i bought all kinds of enhancements through the paragon market, after this period of time I've managed to acquire level 50. I've also managed to farm more than ENOUGH recipes to replace the store bought enhancements. SINCE it specifically states that you can't trade or sell the store bought enhancements i was wondering what would happen if i respec'd the level 50 and didn't have enough space in my enhancement tray for the 58 store bought, no trade, no sell able enhancements... PLEASE someone respond... also I've contacted support yesterday to try and ask this question. Got a response via GM_Santos who said I'd be contacted by the Senior Support Team.

Derek Icelord

• Lieutenant
Re: Store bought enhancements and respec
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 05:58:52 PM »
I am not 100% certain, but I believe the enhancements are only account bound, not character bound. Thus you should be able to email them to your other character(s) that meet the minimum level requirement for the set. I'll muck around with them on Beta and/or Test and see what I find.

UPDATE:
On the Beta server, I was able to slot the store bought Obliteration set, unslot it, then email it to myself via Global Email and slot it on another character.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:06:37 PM by Gamer6432 »
Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

taosin

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 12:10:40 PM »
A thing to check if possible is what happens when you respec and leave an account-bound enhancement in the lower section (not in the tray). I am assuming it vanishes, and there is no credit, yes? Just as if you forgot to reslot a purple IO? (I think that is what happens).

And yes, account-bound (store bought) means you can unslot them or save them during a respec (in your inventory, and use them on any other character on that account.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 06:52:03 PM »
All IOs refund you their crafting costs if not re-slotted or stored in the Enhancements tray during a respec. Not sure what happens to account-bound Enhancements. Anyone got a buck to lose for the sake of SCIENCE?

Derek Icelord

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 09:22:18 PM »
You wouldn't even have to lose a buck. The game tells you what your refund amount is before you can click the final OK button.

Also, Beta/Test server <.<

UPDATE:
Tested on the Beta server. Not putting store bought enhancements in your build or your tray refunds you for ZERO (0) Inf.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:40:17 PM by Gamer6432 »
Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

dolo730

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 04:33:27 PM »
thanks for the input... i decided 2 try it because i was itching to slot the purp sets and the crafted IOs i had.. and.... got back zero inf. 4 the "store bought IOs"....

*mind you i respec'd before checking the replys here... actually i did the respec the day i posted the original question. again thnx 4 the help tho..