Author Topic: News Category on Main Page  (Read 4780 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
News Category on Main Page
« on: December 02, 2011, 12:13:06 AM »
As mentioned here:

As Sigil has pointed out, the News category is showing up on the main page. I guess I've never really given that much thought, but since it appears that all of the news articles all the way back to October 2005 are categorized without noinclude tags, so I guess it's always been like this. Seems this would be a good thing to send a bot after.

Can we train a bot onto the News articles to make sure all of the Category tags are surrounded by noincludes and remove the News category from the Main page?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
Re: News Category on Main Page
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 02:25:40 AM »
As mentioned here:

Can we train a bot onto the News articles to make sure all of the Category tags are surrounded by noincludes and remove the News category from the Main page?

*inserts random #include's throughout the news room*
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: News Category on Main Page
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 03:13:47 AM »
Once again, we are dazzled by Sekoia's DPL magic and the day is saved!
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov