Author Topic: Virus alert on front page of titan network  (Read 1841 times)

Liberties

• Minion
Virus alert on front page of titan network
« on: October 31, 2011, 06:18:24 AM »
My AVG Linkscanner detected a blackhole exploit on the main page of titannetwork... please look into your main page, you might have been hacked...

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
Re: Virus alert on front page of titan network
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 06:20:57 AM »
On cohtitan.com? I don't see anything there...

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 07:46:49 AM »
I'm getting it too, on two machines. Both run AVG. It's saying the site is a known social networking site or phishing site and the threat is something like black hole exploit. I can't get the error box to come up again, but I got it on a direct shortcut tot he builder forum, not the main page.

Supa Troll

• Lieutenant
  • On a superadine-fueled coding binge.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 01:37:55 PM »
Not seeing anything suspicious in the HTML source of the main page.

The only content being pulled from another server is a 1-pixel gif from Paypal.

Can you get a screenshot of the exact message, especially if it includes the suspect URL?

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 02:13:11 PM »
Are you talking about on the very front page, as in at cohtitan.com?  I mean, not the front page of the forums, of faces, or something like that?

I've scoured the front page, and there are no external references, except the aforementioned reference to a PayPal image.  (Which really, I'm not sure why that's there; I'll probably remove it tonight.)  We don't even have any Faces pictures on the front page, so as far as I can tell, there's zero user-generated content that could have been hacked.

Edit: I also received a PM on the official forums with a report that a wiki page has been compromised.  I've posted a thread in the official forums with more information.  Please take a look at it when you get a chance, as I cannot replicate this warning either.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:06:48 PM by TonyV »

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 11:45:12 PM »
Holy forum upgrades, batman!

Edit:  *clings to session cookie*  looks like password stuff may have been reset with the upgrade.  Was this intentional?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 11:53:19 PM by SaintNicster »

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »
Edit:  *clings to session cookie*  looks like password stuff may have been reset with the upgrade.  Was this intentional?

I don't believe it's intentional, but it's a known issue. Tony's been posting updates here: http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?p=3965481#post3965481 Part of his most recent update:

Also, some of our testers have reported some password sync issues. If you can't log in yet, please be patient. You might have to reset your Titan Key password once we get the home site (cohtitan.com) back up and until then, you might not be able to post there. We're working on it as fast as we can, I promise.