Author Topic: I21 Mids Afterburner bug with Hover  (Read 3076 times)

Caerold

• Underling
I21 Mids Afterburner bug with Hover
« on: September 26, 2011, 04:36:54 PM »
The mods from Afterburner aren't applying correctly to Hover. Afterburner doesn't actually supply a true flyspeed buff ingame. Instead it raises the max fly speed for all flight powers by the percentage enhanced by the power. Consequently, Hover is still pretty much impossible to raise above 39-40 mph due to ED cutoffs. However, in Mids the Afterburner buff seems to be treated like a flyspeed buff that also adds to the buffs from Hover. I was seeing an 80ish mph fly speed reported in Totals for Self -> Misc Buffs when I still only get 36 mph in CoH. I did confirm the numbers on Fly appear to be correct, including the cut offs for max fly speed with Afterburner on.

By the way, GREAT job on the new updates, guys. You had them out really fast and almost everything I wanted was in them, enhancement boosters included! Thanks a lot.

Caerold

• Underling
Re: Additional I21 Mids Afterburner bug
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 04:47:24 PM »
Additionally, although I expect this is already known to the team, Afterburner power selection doesn't get imported when pasting a build from Titan Sentinel into the I21 Mids. The level 49 power was just blank for me. I presume has just not been sync'd between the two teams yet. Probably the case for the other new pol powers, too, although I didn't have a character to test those.

Enhancement boosters aren't sync'd either, but I didn't expect that to work yet. Hoping it will be a feature added at some point, but for now it's just great not having to manually edit the database to change the enhancement values when I want to see new totals.

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
Re: Additional I21 Mids Afterburner bug
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 04:50:28 PM »
Additionally, although I expect this is already known to the team, Afterburner power selection doesn't get imported when pasting a build from Titan Sentinel into the I21 Mids. The level 49 power was just blank for me. I presume has just not been sync'd between the two teams yet. Probably the case for the other new pol powers, too, although I didn't have a character to test those.
Yup.  :P

Enhancement boosters aren't sync'd either, but I didn't expect that to work yet. Hoping it will be a feature added at some point, but for now it's just great not having to manually edit the database to change the enhancement values when I want to see new totals.
Enhancement Boosters also don't save in Mids'. It requires a modification to the data chunk format. I'll probably set this up while Diellan's on vacation.

Caerold

• Underling
Re: I21 Mids Afterburner bug with Hover
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 04:54:40 PM »
Well, while you're at it, here's an additional bug I haven't seen mentioned before. When importing my build from Sentinel to Mids the Gladiator's Armor: Resist (50) I have slotted in Tough is imported as a Gladiator's Armor: End/Resist (50). Pretty sure this is a long standing bug on import.

Justice Blues

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 05:09:04 PM »
Another issue with Afterburner. I was using Combat Jumping as a LoTG +Recharge mule at level 50, and just removed it and placed Afterburner in the slot. The LotG stayed there, and I checked my flight speed in Totals. It said 100.2 MPH. That was with 1 Fly enh in Fly, none in Swift. I switched the LotG to a Fly enh, and my speed dropped to 96.8 MPH. A Fly end and the LotG both in Afterburner kept my speed at 96.8. 2 Fly enh in Afterburner puts my speed at 103.1, 3 at 106.8.

Adding Fly enh to the Fly and/or Swift had no effect on my flight speed. No enhancements at all in either power didn't change my flight speed. Turning Swift off (Which of course is not possible in game) had no effect.

I am pretty sure the power doesn't actually work like that in game. And I don't believe we can go 100 mph at all, with any power. Although the hard cap may have been raised I guess.

Caerold

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 05:16:22 PM »
I'm pretty sure the new hard cap for flight is 87.95 mph. That's what you get with the overkill 273% boost from a Jump Pack applied to Afterburner + Fly.

Oh, and Afterburner is meant to accept Defense, Flight and Universal Travel sets. LotG can easily be slotted into Afterburner, and it should buff the 12% defense bonus as well.

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 07:35:33 PM »
Yeah, it turns out there's both a hard cap and a max fly speed. The hard cap changes based on your level--75.71 at level 31 and 87.95 at level 50, for example. We'll account for this in the next release.