Author Topic: My new distraction...  (Read 1593 times)

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
My new distraction...
« on: September 09, 2011, 04:12:55 AM »
Yes, Issue 21 is part of what is going to cause me to become a hermit for the next few months.

The other part?  yyyyyeeeeeeEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: My new distraction...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 04:56:11 AM »
Man, I spent a lot of time completely engrossed in that whole series in college...
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 08:50:46 AM »
Ah, yes, I remember that series well, too.  I started with Ultima IV in high school and continued through the whole series.  Does it make me a bad person that I never completed a single one of them?  :-[

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 04:23:15 PM »
Does it make me a bad person that I never completed a single one of them?  :-[

Yes.

*Hides Battletoads where no one can see it*

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 04:52:10 PM »
Why am I always amazed that people didn't finish Battletoads?  Apparently I am in some very small minority of people who finished that game multiple times (it just starts over from stage 1 after you complete it, by the way.)  Maybe there's some undocumented relationship of mutual exclusivity between people who can finish that game and people who have beaten Super Mario Brothers...
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 07:22:07 PM »
Well, anyone who wants the Ultima combo pack (Ultima IV, Ultima V, and Ultima VI) can now pick it up for a measly $6 from gog.com.  No DRM, Windows-friendly installer, and included PDFs of the manuals and maps.  I actually checked for these games just a month or so on gog.com (which, incidentally, is a rockin' game seller for reviving all of the awesome games) and they weren't there, so this is a new gog release.