Author Topic: Items of power.  (Read 3246 times)

Akaininja

• Underling
Items of power.
« on: August 22, 2011, 07:57:50 AM »
I have recently been looking into Items of Power in CoH and as far as I can tell, it is no longer possible to obtain them, but you can still buy the base items to store them and contain them. Is it still possible to get Items of Power without stealing them from another Supergroup?

If not, is there any suggestions or rumors of NC/Paragon Studios bringing them back at some point?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Items of power.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 11:35:08 AM »
The original Items of Power eventually timed out and disappeared from bases, so you can't even steal them from another Supergroup.

("Timed out" isn't actually the proper term for how they reset, but you get the idea.)

Best of my knowledge, there aren't any plans to bring those back.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 06:41:44 PM »
The Items of Power have been repurposed into temporary powers granted directly to the character at the end of the Cathedral of Pain trial. As such, it's almost guaranteed that the base items will never come back.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Akaininja

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:16:58 PM »
Hmm, thats lame. It seems kinda silly that they would leave the base items (IoP baseplate and anchors) still available if there is nothing to put in them. Also kinda removes the point from doing SG base raids since you dont get anything from them. Ah well...

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 11:07:51 PM »
I don't think base raids have actually been active for a long time.

Seems that every time they get a developer working on bases, either something higher priority comes along and they get pulled off, or the development staff gets downsized.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 01:18:13 AM »
We'll see how long it takes them to get this going once the game turns free-to-play, since approximately 140% of people visiting from other games will demand PvP to not be completely scum-sucking worthless.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 06:52:16 AM »
Also kinda removes the point from doing SG base raids since you dont get anything from them.

I don't think base raids have actually been active for a long time.

They haven't. Base raids are turned off. Raid pathing is turned off, which is why you can see all kinds of fantastical base designs going on that take a fraction of the time that it used to (many more items are stackable now) and much more intricate (items can be planted inside/around/halfway-through other items).
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal