Author Topic: How to deal with old contacts and zones in Issue 21?  (Read 1987 times)

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
How to deal with old contacts and zones in Issue 21?
« on: August 10, 2011, 04:45:33 PM »
Since Issue 21 has rendered the existing tutorials and level 1-4 contacts obsolete, what thoughts do people have on how to update their articles to reflect this?  (As far as I can tell, the level 5-9 contacts should still open up for players after the initial arcs are completed, and the EAT contacts should still work as normal.) The contacts I'm specifically referring to are:

Atlas Park
Azuria
Antonio Nash
Susan Davies
Jonathan St. John Smythe
Rick Davies

Galaxy City
Gregor Richardson
Prince Kiros Nandelu
Derek Amberson
Rebecca Brinell
Caitlin Murray-Davies

Mercy Island
Kalinda
Matthew Burke

My suggestion would be to leave the mission content on their pages with a historical header.  Their current overviews might say something like "After the destruction of Galaxy City in Issue 21, {{contact}} was relocated to Atlas Park, but no longer offers missions to players."

For the old tutorial zones, I think the Outbreak and Breakout articles and contacts should all be marked as historical.  Any characters who are currently parked in there are allowed to finish the old tutorials, but they'll automatically be introduced to the Matthew Habashy and Operative Kuzmin regadless of who they choose when they exit.

Galaxy City is a bit more complicated.  I think the existing article should be moved to "Galaxy City (Pre-Issue 21)," similar to how Faultline was handled; the "Echo: Galaxy City" article should be copied from the existing Galaxy City and modified as necessary; and the new "Galaxy City" article would then reflect the new tutorial experience.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: How to deal with old contacts and zones in Issue 21?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 04:49:16 PM »
Those all seem pretty reasonable.

I haven't even been able to log into the beta server yet, but I understand the changes are pretty significant.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
Re: How to deal with old contacts and zones in Issue 21?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 01:10:05 AM »
Not that I've been to the pages lately, but I'd go with an archiving equivalent as well.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com