Author Topic: Wiki newb looking for feedback  (Read 6150 times)

Dark Energon

• Underling
Wiki newb looking for feedback
« on: July 29, 2011, 12:47:10 AM »
Well, i created a page for my most favorite toon, Nephila.
http://ouroportal.com/wiki/Nephila_%28Guardian%29
I still need to make a few more pics, switch them with some of the current ones.

But so far i'm kinda happy with the outcome.

Got the character sandbox, found ways to customize that too, meaning i'm learning fast.

But, my question is opinions.. looking for feedback.. like grammar, placing and such..
just shoot me a message here please, since i still haven't found out how to talk to someone over on those pages.

Thnx to Aggelakis for the welcome message, and placing the page in the right categories.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Re: Wiki newb looking for feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 05:19:26 AM »
But, my question is opinions.. looking for feedback.. like grammar, placing and such..
just shoot me a message here please, since i still haven't found out how to talk to someone over on those pages.

I'll do one better than that, I'll go ahead and edit it for you.  ;)  Feel free to un-edit or rollback anything you don't like.  I fixed a few typos and grammos, shortened up some coding, and tweaked some verbiage to (hopefully) make it "pop" a little more, but of course, that's purely subjective.  Like I said, feel free to revert anything you don't like.

Just one quick note to save you some time.  When you include a link to the Paragon Wiki, you don't need to retype stuff that comes before the pipe | unless it's different.  Also, if you have a pipe, it won't render anything in parentheses.  For example, the following are identical:

[[paragonwiki:Foobar|Foobar]]
[[paragonwiki:Foobar|]]

If there are parentheses, they are ignored when a pipe follows the article name.  These are identical:

[[paragonwiki:Foobar (Slang)|Foobar]]
[[paragonwiki:Foobar (Slang)|]]

They all render as Foobar (linked to a Paragon Wiki article by that name).

If you want a side-by-side comparison of the end result, compare these two:

12:15am Eastern (your version)
01:14am Eastern (my edits)

Dark Energon

• Underling
Re: Wiki newb looking for feedback
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 05:33:36 PM »
Thnx for the feedback and edits.

I don't know the standard about linking stuff, so i just linked most i could.
Probably went overboard with the links for the names such as Recluse, Make and such.
I figured to link them all, but might change that in the future.

Still trying to figure out the coding and such, but i think that i learned fast.

Never made a wiki page, so i was pretty surprised that within 2 days i got it looking like this.
Even found a way to edit the character box to my liking.

Thnx again for the help and tips :)