Author Topic: Bug: Fly with City Traveler  (Read 4255 times)

PsychicG

• Minion
    • City Info Tracker
Bug: Fly with City Traveler
« on: June 17, 2011, 04:56:28 AM »
I was just leveling up a fire/fire scrapper in Mid's.....for some reason it is giving me Fly available at level 4. I know City Traveler was added to Mid's to allow it down to 6, but it's offering it, and allowing me to slot it, as my level 4 power  ??? .

I didn't check if it's all ATs, but I just thought I'd post it.

Funny: Only Fly itself is offered at 4, Air Sup and Hover aren't offered til 6.

Sir Giles

• Lieutenant
Re: Bug: Fly with City Traveler
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 06:05:32 AM »
I know that this topic has been covered many times, and has been shown that in game it says that all travel powers are available at level 4, if you look at the detailed info of the power.  Granted, they won't let you take them at level 4 in game, but, from what I know, Mids tries to duplicate what is actually happening on live, so it will have what is written on live which says level 4.

I am not sure if Mids takes this information internally and applies it to the program for when powers are available or not.  Just wanted you to know, as far as I know, this is a well known issue that is being looked into.

@Sir Giles
Sir Giles

PsychicG

• Minion
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 06:07:28 AM »
Oh, I thought Coh correctly stated 6. I just got City Traveler this spring, but it's such a coveted reward I didn't analyze the descriptions since I knew what it did.

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 06:17:49 AM »
The game data (which Mids' draws on) says 'unlock at level 4'. But the game UI doesn't give you the opportunity until level 6. Despite what the data says, being available at 4 in Mids' is a bug.

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 05:17:04 PM »
The game data (which Mids' draws on) says 'unlock at level 4'. But the game UI doesn't give you the opportunity until level 6. Despite what the data says, being available at 4 in Mids' is a bug.

I agree. And I might fix it for the I21 release.

Justice Blues

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 02:58:54 AM »
I agree. And I might fix it for the I21 release.

Don't bother. In I21, Fly is available at level 4 for everyone.

Supa Troll

• Lieutenant
  • On a superadine-fueled coding binge.
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 03:58:18 AM »
I have a sneaking suspicion that was exactly the "fix" that Diellan had in mind...

Justice Blues

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 02:39:01 PM »
I have a sneaking suspicion that was exactly the "fix" that Diellan had in mind...
I thought about that, but they didn't release that information until SDCC this last week, and he said that in June, so if that is what he meant, he would have been breaking NDA on the closed beta, which I know he wouldn't want to do, assuming of course, he is in the closed Beta, which I have no idea about one way or the other, so obviously he really meant to fix it, but now he doesn't need to. ;D

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 05:24:42 PM »
I thought about that, but they didn't release that information until SDCC this last week, and he said that in June, so if that is what he meant, he would have been breaking NDA on the closed beta, which I know he wouldn't want to do, assuming of course, he is in the closed Beta, which I have no idea about one way or the other, so obviously he really meant to fix it, but now he doesn't need to. ;D

As Fleeting Whisper said, the real issue is that the problem has been that the data files for the game have been listing the Power Pools as being available at level 4 for, um, at least a year? Maybe two? And while I always intended to change it so that we would hardcode the selector to level 6, I never quite got around to it (mostly because I wanted to do something about City Traveler at the same time, and that takes a bit more work). I had fully intended to finally get to this along with PvP DR and full Pet data for the next version (making it worthy of being called Mids 2.0, instead of 1.96392 or something).

The bits of news about Fly and so forth being available at 4 is a boon.

*Notice how I ignored the issue of whether or not I knew about this ahead of time (Beta, leaks, chatting with Developers... I will neither confirm nor deny anything)

Justice Blues

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 06:03:19 PM »
The bits of news about Fly and so forth being available at 4 is a boon.

I guess they did it just to make your life easier.  :) Actually, if the game data files, which I am sure you only know about second hand, since you would never hack them, have had that stuff at level 4 for that long, it seems they have really been working on I21 for a long time. Which is actually good news, if it means they have been really thinking about it.

*Notice how I ignored the issue of whether or not I knew about this ahead of time (Beta, leaks, chatting with Developers... I will neither confirm nor deny anything)

Really? I  hadn't noticed that. :o

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 08:57:07 PM »
it seems they have really been working on I21 for a long time.
The devs work on things a lonnng time in advance. I believe one said that (s)he was working on I18, I19, and I20 simultaneously at one point, and another has stated that (s)he is already working on I22 and I23 things.

Supa Troll

• Lieutenant
  • On a superadine-fueled coding binge.
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 11:49:37 PM »
As Fleeting Whisper said, the real issue is that the problem has been that the data files for the game have been listing the Power Pools as being available at level 4 for, um, at least a year?

Well, sort of. The powerset list has them at 4, but the schedules table tells the game to unlock the pools at level 6. So you can't really pick the power since the pools aren't available yet. I don't think Mids is using any info that might hypothetically be available in that table, so it doesn't know better and would need actual code to override it.

It could have been planning ahead, or it could have just been not bothering to put the right levels in the powerset list since it doesn't matter in any situation other than reading the files out of context, which you're not supposed to do.  :D

Of course. I didn't mean to imply anything other than that you were planning to fix the glitch just as soon as I21 came out, and procrastination paid off wonderfully. :)

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 04:35:11 AM »
Well, sort of. The powerset list has them at 4, but the schedules table tells the game to unlock the pools at level 6. So you can't really pick the power since the pools aren't available yet. I don't think Mids is using any info that might hypothetically be available in that table, so it doesn't know better and would need actual code to override it.

It could have been planning ahead, or it could have just been not bothering to put the right levels in the powerset list since it doesn't matter in any situation other than reading the files out of context, which you're not supposed to do.  :D

Well, Mids gets the leveling (how many slots when, where is a power, etc.) from somewhere. It just didn't bother looking further than that.

Of course. I didn't mean to imply anything other than that you were planning to fix the glitch just as soon as I21 came out, and procrastination paid off wonderfully. :)

:D