Author Topic: Titan Waterworks  (Read 6369 times)

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
Re: Titan Waterworks
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 09:24:22 PM »
The Waterworks "Remaining" list includes every permutation of acquiring the Target at once.
No, as that would consist of showing all 6 recipes for a Very Rare, so you'd end up with 3 of each Rare ability listed if this were the case. What it does is show you the steps (ALL of them--if you get all the uncommons and shards necessary to make a Notice, you still need to make the Notice itself, after all) and the path you've selected using the "craft _" options.

Is there any way to get Waterworks to keep my settings?
It should do so automatically. There's some wonky code in Windows that causes the "current working directory" to be incorrect depending on where you run it from, and the current working directory is where the settings are stored. If you run it in the same way from the same place every time (assuming the directory isn't read-only), it should be saving the settings to twwConfig.ini in that folder.

Perhaps I can suggest a "load last db/character" option on start up.
This is also automatic, as long as the save file is working.

Honorbridge

• Underling
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 06:48:52 AM »
Hey there, I went to try and download Waterworks to see what it's like (as I made my own Excel Sheet that basically does the same thing), but I'm getting a Forbidden error when I try.  I do not have access to /waterworks/ or some such.  Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong, or is this a site config problem?  I logged out of my Titan Key, CIT, and these forums and relogged in without success.  I used the news link from the 20.5 update announcement on the Titan front page.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 06:54:19 AM »
It was a site config problem and should be fixed now. Sorry about that!

fufu

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 12:48:24 PM »
I'm sorry for this tool and developers, but this tool is totally useless to me....even with my 31 lvl 50s, i can do much better on my paper board.

Best regards and have fun ! cya.

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 09:48:59 AM »
I made a visual reference of what I envision for Waterworks 2.0 here:  https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApxkD_9nPPkDdHl4REFqYTJmTUlXLUZOazBzZVNsMEE&hl=en_US

In my head, when I imagine a tool to try and organize Incarnate abilities, this is what I see.  I have no clue how to render any of this into functionality.

Better visual examples:  THIS IS NOT A REAL WORKING PROGRAM.  THIS IS A UI MOCK-UP.

Alpha Slot Abilities shown with Alpha Components and Incarnate Components.

Blue text is a link to ParagonWiki.  Hovering over Incarnate ability image would bring up tool-tip/pop-up window with ability description.   

Full Screen view of 3 abilities.

Checking a box removes component from the 'shopping list' (marks it as already acquired).  New Ability allows for selection of additional types of Incarnate abilities (for example, Barrier is the first choice for your Destiny Ability, but you also want to craft Rebirth Radial Epiphany for Keyes iTrials.)

Windowed View of 3 abilities.

Right-clicking on undefined abilities brings up a choice window (similar to Mid's enhancement window) and then replaces ??? with the correct components.

This interface is more intuitive to me than the current WW's one.
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

dragnson

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 02:58:04 PM »
Where do I extract the files for Water Works... to work.. in my Heros folder?

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 05:20:43 PM »
Java .jar files are the programs themselves; just double-click them and they run. But you have to have Java installed.