Author Topic: Forum login tells wife she doesn't exist  (Read 8040 times)

Happily Married

• ABSOLUTELY!!!1ONE
  • Minion
Forum login tells wife she doesn't exist
« on: March 28, 2011, 06:37:51 PM »
My wife (username: landmouse) can log into the Titan Network, but when she tries to log into the forums, it tells her that her username doesn't exist.

Can anyone help?
@Happily Married
   (aka - Tennessee Bonfire, Capt Mercury, Mister Guardian)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Forum login tells wife she doesn't exist
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 04:52:08 PM »
I found her information in our DB and I see she's tracking 1 Character on CIT.  Based on the dates, I do not know why the Forum record doesn't exist.  I will talk with the Admins and figure out the best course of action and someone will post here with instructions on what to do.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 02:44:59 PM »
Hey, I didn't want you to think I'm ignoring you or forgot about you.  I'm looking at it now.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 02:52:56 PM »
Found it.  Her login name for the forums is "Fridgy Daiere" (without quotation marks; they're for grammatical purposes only).  Her password to log into the forums is the same as her password to log into the Titan Network.  (I can't tell what the password is because we don't store it in clear text, only that the hashes match up.)  If she wants me to change her login name to landmouse or has any trouble logging in, let me know.

Happily Married

• ABSOLUTELY!!!1ONE
  • Minion
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 07:12:05 PM »
Sorry!  I forgot about posting this and only remembered when she reminded me.  She says please change her username to match her Titan username; otherwise she'll NEVER remember it.  She knows the PW.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:20:00 PM by mnbobo »
@Happily Married
   (aka - Tennessee Bonfire, Capt Mercury, Mister Guardian)

Fridgy Daiere

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 07:17:19 PM »
Scratch hubby's reply, TonyV...my forum name on the CoX boards is also Fridgy Daiere, so it might be easier for everyone else if I keep the same handle on both boards.

I'll just have to try REAL HARD to remember my login.   ;)

Thank you for your help!

edit: do you have any idea why the login here would be different from the login for the rest of Titan's sites?  Just curious.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 07:25:40 PM »
The different login names probably have something to do with the fact that the sites were not initially all combined.  When they were all brought the umbrella of "one login to rule them all" you probably already had one ID but inadvertently used the other ID the first time you logged into the forums.  Something along those lines, anyway.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov