Author Topic: cross reference info tracker v sentinel for accolades  (Read 2096 times)

team_vaal

• Underling
cross reference info tracker v sentinel for accolades
« on: March 05, 2011, 06:31:33 PM »
Id like to use info tracker and sentinel for easy accolade progress tracking.  perhaps Im not looking in the right section of one of these tools, or...  Anyways accolade tracking has always been a hatred of mine.  The less I have to navigate back and forth between tools or web pages within one tool...  The happier I am.  Basically any advice for making it super easy and quick.

Btw I appreciate how the tools evolved.  Love the no more using set binds title for badge tracking, and export a characters build to mids.  Great work.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: cross reference info tracker v sentinel for accolades
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 06:39:43 PM »
Well, when tracking Accolades, what is it you're looking for?  Are you looking for a list of all the Accolades and whether a specific character you are interested in has them?  Or are you wondering which of your characters have a specific Accolade?  Maybe you mean all of the Accolades on all of your characters in one view?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

team_vaal

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 02:34:23 AM »
Im looking to knock out PvP accolades so to speak.  So plus HPs, demonic and hero equiv....  Ive imported all badges when using personal info and the sentinel tool.  Then gone to website found an accolade, hit search for character I want.  And it shows prereqs but not what I have earned towards...  So Id like to cross reference so to speak.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 03:18:49 AM »
Ooooh.  So, what you're looking for is the ability to see that you have not earned an Accolade, and then see on the same page which of the prerequisites for that Accolade you're still missing?
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

team_vaal

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 05:12:51 AM »
Yes exactly : )

What PvP accolades am I missing (anything that will buff stats in a pvp zone or arena).

What badges Im missing (prereqs) for accolade I dont have (maybe hyperlinked to info about how to get that badge).

team_vaal

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 11:29:40 PM »
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,2276.0.html

I thought I remembered this functionality in the past.  I found this thread while I continued digging around.  This is what I was talking about!!!  Looks like an old post was this ever addressed?  Is it perhaps a browser issue that Im not seeing something?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 06:21:34 PM »
It does/did exist.

http://cit.cohtitan.com/badgedetail/620

If you are logged in, you should see a box at the bottom of the page that says "Requirements and Siblings" and has a "check my characters" button.

This functionality is available to all badges with prerequisite data being stored.  It is powered by the same table that used to power the "auto add" functionality that was removed a while back.

The table had been cleared for a while, until the auto-add issue could be taken care of.  When the table was re-populated, I'm guessing that the requirements entries for accolades that grant powers weren't added back as the accolade could automatically be added if you switch sides and have the equivalent badge.

Example:  I start as a hero, then earn Archmage and all its prerequisites.  I then switch over fully to a villain.  Because I have Archmage, I am then granted Demonic, even though I potentially haven't earned all of the 'normal' prerequisite badges.

This is my guess as to why the prerequisite badges are missing for some accolades.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 04:13:59 AM »
Yeah, those lists were removed in order to prevent the autoverification of badges that hadn't been earned when accolades were granted for switching sides.  Guess we forgot to add 'em back in now that we've managed to purge the autoverification.

I just went through the list of Accolades and added most (if not all) of the required badges for each Accolade back into the system.  Let me know if you see any Accolades that are missing their lists or find any badges missing from an Accolade.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Noobian Prince

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 08:16:36 PM »
This is a great tool but I never thought I'd see it happen (on account of all the work it'd mean for you guys).  Heck, the COH badge window itself only tells you HOW MANY requirements are needed for completion but not WHICH ones.

Nice work, people.  8)