Author Topic: Login problems  (Read 4808 times)

ResidentX

Login problems
« on: March 01, 2011, 07:58:24 PM »
I tried to login in today and my old password didn't work. My forum one works or is cached but I reset and got a new one but it won't take it here. www.cohtitan.com.

I key in the new password but I don't get the change password screen. it keeps saying invalid login.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 08:04:12 PM by ResidentX »

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
Re: Login problems
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:05:23 PM »
Please try clearing all cache and cookies from your browser and see if that fixes it. Or, try a different browser and see if it works there. This crops up occasionally and is usually a cookie/cache issue.

ResidentX

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 08:31:44 PM »
it's still not working, it won't give me the change password page.

ResidentX

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 08:38:47 PM »
I think the last time I changed this I had to use firefox.

ResidentX

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 08:42:39 PM »
Weird...that did it and I got the change password page.

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 01:20:56 AM »
I had the same issue today. Clearing the cohtitan cookies sorted it for me.

Darkojin

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 05:08:37 AM »
Having this same issue. Tried deleting the cookies and still not letting me log in. Tried resetting password, and that doesnt work either (reset twice as well). Odd part is it let me log in for the forums no problem, just CIT and Titan Network main log in that are giving me problems.

EDIT: Tried a second purge and that worked. Guess it just didnt clear properly the first time.

EDIT2: Scratch that, CIT working fine now, but cant log in to Titan Network to change my password to something other than the randomly generated one when I reset.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:15:04 AM by Darkojin »

Paladin

• Underling
  • I Stand Upon The Wall
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 09:02:03 PM »
Really WIERD!  I too had trouble logging in.  On the LOGIN Screen it kept saying something to the effect that I was using an invalid password; and would NOT log me in.  Iwent to the Forum Home, saw this page, and when I clicked here I WAS SOMEHOW ALREADY LOGGED IN?!? 

And now I can get to all of the Titan Pages (without having to Log In).
DUTY, it is the most sublime word in the English languge, you can never do more, you should never wish to do less.

Angry Angel

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 10:34:17 PM »
Couldn't log into CIT. Deleted cookies.

Still couldn't log in. I was able to log into the main Titan Network but couldn't redirect into CiT. Sent for an automatic password change through Titan. Now, I can't log into either CiT or Titan.

I can, however, log into forums using my old password.

Aside from deleting cookies, changing passwords or browsers, is there any other way of regaining access to CiT?

-----------

Edit/update:

Can log into Sentinel using new password (to verify badges).
Can log into Titan Forums using old password (to post).
Cannot log into either CiT or Titan Network using either the old or the new passwords.

Yay, I can still verify badges. Downside, I can't log into CiT to use the neat little "which of my characters also has this badge" function.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:02:00 PM by Angry Angel »

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 12:45:13 AM »
Similar issues are being discussed in the CIT support forum, here's what I suggested there:

For anyone else with this problem: First thing to try is clearing your cookies and cache. However, it's sounding like some sort of setting or cookie is somehow lingering despite clearing cookies. I have no idea how. But please try one or more of the following if you are unable to log in after clearing your cookies:

1. If you have access to another computer, try logging in from it. (If it doesn't work, try clearing cookies/cache and try again.)

2. If you have other browsers on your computer, try logging in with each of them. (If it doesn't work, try clearing cookies/cache and try again.)

3. Try using your browser's private browsing mode: "InPrivate Browsing" for Explorer, "Private Browsing" for Firefox and Opera, or "Incognito" for Chrome.

If any of the above three items work for you, then that suggests that the problem is some sort of stuck cookie or setting in the browser that isn't working. The best advice I can offer is to try clearing all cookies, cache, etc. If that doesn't work, I'm honestly not sure what else can be done other than waiting and seeing if it eventually fixes itself. (If anyone else has any insights, please chime in!)

Later, Sailboat reported that clearing absolutely everything worked for them, even though clearing just cookies and cache did not. So I also recommend trying that if clearing cache and cookies doesn't work.

If you can log in through any other method (through another browser, on another machine, or even through Sentinel) then it's almost certainly some sort of cached setting or cookie that needs to be cleared. I'm frustrated by this, too, and wish I could determine just what it was that was lingering around outside of cookies and cache that's causing problems.

Noobian Prince

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 08:30:32 AM »
It's not so much that I can't log in to CIT (although I can't).  It's the message I get when I try to log in.

Instead of telling me that the password is invalid or whatever (and it shouldn't be, since there was a cookie remembering the PW for me), it tells me:

"Username or Password were not supplied. Please try again."

In fact, it says this when I first open the CIT page before I enter anything, which seems odd.  If I change my PW slightly, I get the standard "invalid password" message.

My own experience was:

1) Last night I couldn't log into CIT so I clicked on "trouble logging in" and got a new PW.
2) I logged in with new PW and immediately changed it back to old PW.  Still can't log into CIT.
3) Tonight, when problem still persisted, checked forums for solutions.  

3a. Able to log into forum (obviously).  
        3b. Cleared cache repeatedly, but can't log into CIT.
        3c. I AM able to log in normally in an InPrivate window but not normal window.

Also, it does seem odd that several people are having issues with cookies since the cleared badge data a few days ago.  

Added later:

I tried the "trouble logging in" link a second time.  I wanted to see if the new PW would allow me to see my character list (the first time I immediately changed the PW).  I can log into the forums with my original PW but not CIT or Titan Home (to change my PW back) with either password.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:38:28 AM by Noobian Prince »

Angry Angel

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 11:09:16 AM »
Noobian Prince is the best name ever. Had to be said.  :D Also, still can't get in. Nuts.  :P

---------

Can log in now only if I use InPrivate.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:16:03 AM by Angry Angel »

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 06:12:30 PM »
Please do not change your password if you are unable to login. The problem is almost certainly not due to broken password and changing your password will not fix the situation. If anything, it may just complicate it for you.

Instead of telling me that the password is invalid or whatever (and it shouldn't be, since there was a cookie remembering the PW for me), it tells me:

"Username or Password were not supplied. Please try again."

In fact, it says this when I first open the CIT page before I enter anything, which seems odd.

Yes, that was an unrelated bug which I just pushed a change to live to fix.

Also, it does seem odd that several people are having issues with cookies since the cleared badge data a few days ago.  
The cleared badge data and the login issues are completely unrelated. The login issues stem from some changes made to the authentication system to simplify code and reduce how much personal data we were sending to your browser.

The only relationship between the cleared badges and the login issue is that they're both the result of recent active development, which CIT hasn't had in a long time. I regret the speed bumps, but they're necessary growing pains as we try to improve CIT.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 06:13:24 PM »
I had the same problem, and I cleared out all of the cookies that had "COH" in them.  Thankfully that did the trick.

Those who are still having login issues, please try doing the above and see if it helps.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 06:29:01 PM »
I just made (another) change on the backend that may help. The change will immediately log out all logged-in users. However, it should allow everybody (even those experiencing issues) to now login again.

Those who were struggling, please let me know if you have any success now.

Noobian Prince

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 09:19:48 PM »
Seems to be working properly now.  Thanks for whatever you did!

PS.  I changed the PW from the random set to my old one as the replacement was such a pain to remember.  I didn't think it had anything to do with the problems logging in.