Author Topic: Trying to play again after a couple of years out.  (Read 1986 times)

mole1723

• Underling
Trying to play again after a couple of years out.
« on: January 30, 2011, 11:20:16 PM »
Really starting to get frustrated.  I would like to come back with my old toons. I tried loading the game onto my new PC and had no problems. I then went to log into the game using my old password. I then had to go to NCsoft to setup an account. I set one up, but it's not letting me use my old game code. I don't remember my old NCsoft account info (should that matter?)

Please tell me I don't have to go buy a new one? I've tried contacting support, guessing they are out on the weekends. Would calling them tomorrow help?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Trying to play again after a couple of years out.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 11:46:30 PM »
Game codes can only be used once.  You'll need to get your old account info if you don't want to set a new one up.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

mole1723

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 12:16:38 AM »
So support can't give me my old NCsoft information by me giving them my login/password, main toons name, and my old serial number from my old account?

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 12:21:00 AM »
So support can't give me my old NCsoft information by me giving them my login/password, main toons name, and my old serial number from my old account?

They should be able to, yes. Give them a day or two; I'm certain the can get you up and running on your old account.  Did you create a trouble ticket at the support site (support.cityofheroes.com)?

mole1723

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 12:48:24 AM »
Yes I did....had a couple of standard replys, and they said they were checking into it further. Hope you are right. You think if I call them tomorrow will it help at all?

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 04:24:14 AM »
Yes I did....had a couple of standard replys, and they said they were checking into it further. Hope you are right. You think if I call them tomorrow will it help at all?

You can if you want, and it very well may. If you do, be sure to tell them that you have a ticket open, and give them the ticket number so that they won't be tracking it as two separate issues, or worse, try to "fix" it twice, which usually ends up in breaking it again.