Author Topic: how does one post his hero build into city of heroes  (Read 4270 times)

ewest28

• Underling
how does one post his hero build into city of heroes
« on: January 15, 2011, 04:27:41 PM »
ive tried a few ways of exporting that i found online, but they dont show up, from what i understand, youre supposed to export it and copy the url, then make it a tinyurl, then post the tinyurl into any chat thing. is there a final step/steps that i am missing? if so, please let me know. thanks

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: how does one post his hero build into city of heroes
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 07:06:24 PM »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

You cannot import your build from outside the game (e.g. Mids) into the game. You can only do it the other way around with Titan Sentinel.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

ewest28

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 07:10:44 PM »
so what youre saying is that i have to bring my character in from the game and edit it?

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 07:33:47 PM »
You have to respec your toon by hand to change your build in-game.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 08:40:26 PM »
Steps to fiddle with your character:

OUT OF GAME:
1. Download Mids. http://www.cohplanner.com
2. Install Mids.
3. Open Mids.
4. Create a new character build.
/OR/
4a. Download Titan Sentinel http://cit.cohtitan.com/sentinel
4b. Install Sentinel.
4c. Open Sentinel.
4d. Open City.
4e. Log into character.
4f. Switch to Sentinel and export build to clipboard.
4g. Import build into Mids.
5. Play around with Mids.

IN GAME:
With Mids running in the background, manually select your options inside the respec screen, referencing Mids when you don't remember where things should go.
There is no way to automate an import from Mids into the game.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

ewest28

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 09:14:58 PM »
thanks for your help but that didnt work for me. none of the mids changes affected my character

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 09:21:33 PM »
You have to respec your toon by hand to change your build in-game.

Quote from: Aggelakis

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 09:49:37 PM »
Let me see if I can help clarify here:

Scenario A:
You have a character.  Your character already has powers and slots.  If you want to grab a snapshot of your character so that you can show other people what your build currently looks like, or you want to take your current build and see what it looks like in Mids, then you can do that.  You do that by clicking the "Export" button in Titan Sentinel (Tools -> Utilities -> Export) while the game is running and your character is logged in.

Scenario B:
You have a build prepared in Mids.  You want your character in the game to have the build you planned in Mids.  There is no way to automate this.  You can only do this either a) as you level or b) by using a respec and placing the new powers and slots you select in the same places you had them in your Mids build.

What it sounds like to all of us here is that you want Scenario B.  Is that correct?

Scenario B cannot be automated.  Aside from any technical issues, there's this area in the EULA:
You agree not to use any hardware or software, including but not limited to third party tools, or any other method of support which may in any way influence or advantage your use of the Service which is not authorized by NC Interactive, including but not limited to the use of 'bots' and/or any other method by which the Service may be played automatically without human input.

So, if you want to pull info about your character out of the game, we can help with that.  But if you want to feed the game info about what you want your character to be, we can't help with that.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Bjork

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 06:17:57 AM »
IN GAME:
With Mids running in the background, manually select your options inside the respec screen, referencing Mids when you don't remember where things should go.

I just wanted to add, that I find the feature in Mid's -> Window-> In-Game Respec Helper -> History Short incredibly helpful when I doing the in game respec.

I am still plugging away at respec'ing all my heroes for Inherent Fitness.