Author Topic: Same email address  (Read 2236 times)

ResidentX

Same email address
« on: December 28, 2010, 04:13:05 PM »
I have two accounts. 1 EU and 1 NA acccont. I tried to create a profile for the second one last night but it will not allow me to use the same email address.  How can both accounts using the same email address?

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
Re: Same email address
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 04:39:08 PM »
If you want to create two Titan accounts, you'll have to use a new email address. Each email address may be associated with only one Titan account, and unfortunately it would be non-trivial to change that. (If you don't want to worry about checking two accounts, you can pick up a free email account from someplace like Gmail and tell it to forward everything to your normal email account.)

But are you sure you need a second Titan account? If you're looking at using City Info Terminal, it is capable of handling multiple game accounts under a single Titan account. It tracks the global name alongside the character, and it also tracks server name which would make it easy to spot EU vs NA characters.

ResidentX

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 12:25:15 AM »
I do need one. Here's the deal. I have a NA account with an @whatever address. Then I did a EU trial and it tracked my character for a time. Then I converted and I was unable to track my status. I made my EU @whatever2 so it won't be possible to get real time tracking unless I use another email address, right?

I read your comments again and let me look at this closer. "it is capable of handling multiple game accounts under a single Titan account. It tracks the global name alongside the character, and it also tracks server name which would make it easy to spot EU vs NA characters."

ResidentX

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 12:29:13 AM »
This will work. I noticed when I converted from EU trial to Paid...it assigned a global name to my account. I'll update it and this should fix it. Thanks.

ResidentX

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 12:35:40 AM »
I wasn't able to edit  it but I deleted it and recreated it. Thanks.

ResidentX

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 12:36:09 AM »
I have image if you want to see it. Email me.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 02:21:08 AM »
The name/"global" displayed on the character profile page is actually the "display name" in the "Privacy Settings" section of the "Account Settings" page for CIT.

The "Global Name" field on the account page doesn't really do anything.  I don't believe it is even displayed anywhere besides the CIT Account Settings page and the Titan Manage Account page.  The name related to a character is only stored on the character's individual record in the database.  However, I believe that this is only used when helping determine the "Account Badges" for that character.