Author Topic: Issue with Mids i19  (Read 1642 times)

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
Issue with Mids i19
« on: December 21, 2010, 08:14:58 PM »
Installed Mids on a Win7 machine that had previously had the i18 version installed.
Uninstalled the old i18 version, deleted the Mids folder and did a clean install of the i19 version.
Now, when I try to open up Mids when NOT Administrator, it keeps opening up with:

An update for the database is available.
Update: Database Update
Version: 1.81 (10/01/0010)
Note:

This update requires you to download and re-install fully.  You will be directed to the download page.

Download this update now.

But when I run it as Administator, I get the i19 version.

When you launch a link from the forums, it comes up as the non-admin version and asks for the update.

FURTHER complicating things, there is no entry for Mids in Add/Remove programs either.

HALP!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Issue with Mids i19
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 08:43:32 PM »
Known issue. Should be fixed in the next update to be pushed Soon (tm).
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 01:08:14 AM »
Right-click Hero Designer.exe from its location (probably C:/Program Files (x86)/Titan Network/Mids Hero Designer) and go to Properties. On the Compatibility tab, check Run as Administrator, and hit OK. Then it will always run as Administrator.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 01:31:37 AM »
Right-click Hero Designer.exe from its location (probably C:/Program Files (x86)/Titan Network/Mids Hero Designer) and go to Properties. On the Compatibility tab, check Run as Administrator, and hit OK. Then it will always run as Administrator.

Actually tried that.  No.  It doesn't.  Not when auto-launched by another program that doesn't have admin rights (like Firefox).

As for the fix, cool.

Would a reg cleaner help me scrub out the remnants of the 18-version that's stuck in my system?