Author Topic: Cold Domination.Heat Loss max target slider  (Read 1589 times)

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
Cold Domination.Heat Loss max target slider
« on: December 19, 2010, 01:56:39 PM »
The slider on Heat loss goes to 3 foes.  I've been using it and have hit as many as 9, though End Recovery caps with 8 at 10.42% sec.

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
Re: Cold Domination.Heat Loss max target slider
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 07:20:17 PM »
Follow-up.  The number values seem to be off by one foe as well.  I managed to get the in came Combat numbers for my end recovery for each qty of bad guys hit.  I had no end mod temp powers or sets, and Stamina was three slotted with evens.  This was done on a level 37 Defender.

I did open the database and adjust the slider to go from 0 to 8 foes rather than 1 to 3.  no other changes to the DB were made.

Code: [Select]
Foes Rec (end/sec) Mids Rec
1      3.52        4.57
2      4.57        5.62
3      5.61        6.66
4      6.65        7.70
5      7.69        8.75
6      8.73        9.79
7      9.78       10.42*
8     10.42*
*Max value according to Comb-atts window.

My in game numbers were based on the number of times the power was displayed as being stacked on my character.  If I had the power listed as with a "5" in the icon, I wrote entered it as "5" foes.  That could be where the one off came from, but I can't Mids to display the value around 3.5 that seems like it should be there.

TA

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 06:59:53 AM »
The reason Mids is counting one more boost than the number of boosts you're seeing on the bar is, in fact, because you receive one more boost than the number of enemies you're hitting.  You're telling Mids that you're hitting 5 people, and it is correctly giving you 6 boosts - one for each enemy that you hit, and one for the boost that Heat Loss creates around yourself when you use it.

How Heat Loss works is that when you activate it, it applies a boost in a PBAoE around you, and creates a pseudopet at every enemy within a certain range of the target.  Those pseudopets apply a boost to every ally near them.  So if you're fighting 3 people, and are in range of all of them, you will receive four boosts - one from each of the 3 enemies, and one from yourself.  This will show up in your bar as 4 boosts.  When you then tell Mids that you're getting 4 boosts, it's thinking you meant you're hitting 4 enemies, because in Mids the power is giving you a boost independent of the slider.

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 12:53:12 AM »
I can see what you mean about how it really works in game, but what I'm seeing is still a disparity.  If I am out of range to get any effect from the mobs themselves, I get a total boost of 3.52.  Mid's jumps from straight to 4.57.

And now that 1.91 is out, the slider is still only going to 3 foes on both Defenders and Controllers, but 1 to 10 for Corruptors.