Author Topic: Mids will not run on my new Windows 7 system  (Read 2138 times)

Cally

• Underling
Mids will not run on my new Windows 7 system
« on: December 09, 2010, 11:49:30 PM »
I just got a new computer with Windows 7 Home Edition, ran all the Windows updates, and installed Mids. However, when the installation finishes and I launch the program, I get a Windows error window popping up saying, "Mids' Hero Designer has stopped working. Windows can check online for a solution to the problem," with buttons to click for checking for a solution (which provides none, of course) and to close the program. The problem details listed in the box below this are as follows:

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:   hero designer.exe
  Problem Signature 02:   1.6.1.0
  Problem Signature 03:   4cf810f2
  Problem Signature 04:   Hero Designer
  Problem Signature 05:   1.6.1.0
  Problem Signature 06:   4cf810f2
  Problem Signature 07:   17
  Problem Signature 08:   c6
  Problem Signature 09:   System.InvalidOperationException
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033

Followed by 2 links to Microsoft's privacy statement (for whatever good THAT'S supposed to be)...

Can someone help me get this working? Thanks so much!

- Cally

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Mids will not run on my new Windows 7 system
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 02:07:31 AM »
Just going out on a limb, but you did just get a new Win 7 computer and this is the most common problem people run into with Win 7:

Are you running the program as an administrator?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Cally

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »
Yes, I also did that - I get the same results, after I give permission for Windows to let me run the program as an administrator. Right after that, it immediately goes right to the same error message window listed above.

- Cally

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 07:18:39 PM »
Easiest way to rule out the weird permission issues is to install in administrator to someplace other than c:program files. If that works, then we know it is a permission setting. If it doesn't, then we need to look elsewhere.

Cally

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 11:10:28 PM »
Nope Diellan, that didnt' work either. I uninstalled, then reinstalled in C:\Titan Network\Mids Hero Designer\ (running the installation file as Administrator). Still get the same results when I try to launch the program. I've even re-downloaded the install file from Titan Network just to make sure my original download wasn't corrupted, but it didn't help.

- Cally

Cally

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 11:47:52 PM »
I don't suppose anyone else has a suggestion for how to get this working?

- Cally

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 05:56:18 PM »
There will be a new version of Mids coming out within the next seven days, so I'd say wait for that and see if that fixes your problem, since it will fix a lot of other bugs and add some more exception handling.