Author Topic: Re: Mids i19 update is out!  (Read 4732 times)

Local Man

• Underling
Re: Mids i19 update is out!
« on: December 03, 2010, 12:27:36 PM »
This morning, I had an incident of Mids running (minimized) and didn't realize it when I clicked the icon to run it.  The update dialog popped up, and told me to close all existing incidents of Mids, which I did.  But something went wrong, and the update box kept popping up until I had to use the Task Manager to close it. 

Tried running Mids again, and the pop-up box again kept popping up.  Tried it several times, and could only close it with the Task Manager.  Finally looked to the website to download the new version, and saw that only the update was available for download.

Finally I uninstalled Mids and reinstalled it with my archived copy of the program.  Then it updated properly.  I'm not complaining but wanted to let you know of the problem I had due to an odd problem of having an instance running when I tried to start another.

Leladnut

• Underling
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 09:19:09 PM »
This morning, I had an incident of Mids running (minimized) and didn't realize it when I clicked the icon to run it.  The update dialog popped up, and told me to close all existing incidents of Mids, which I did.  But something went wrong, and the update box kept popping up until I had to use the Task Manager to close it. 

Tried running Mids again, and the pop-up box again kept popping up.  Tried it several times, and could only close it with the Task Manager.  Finally looked to the website to download the new version, and saw that only the update was available for download.

Finally I uninstalled Mids and reinstalled it with my archived copy of the program.  Then it updated properly.  I'm not complaining but wanted to let you know of the problem I had due to an odd problem of having an instance running when I tried to start another.

I'm having a similar problem. I uninstalled it, reinstalled the older version and let it update, but after I close it, it does the same thing when I try to start it - the pop-up box comes up again and again. Help!

ViolentBlue

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 07:56:28 AM »
I'm having the same issue as well.  I'm having to uninstall/reinstall every time I want to use Mids now.  I'm using Windows 7, don't know if that could be the problem.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 08:23:17 AM »
I split this out to a new topic in Tech Support.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Gothenem

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 12:05:27 PM »
Yeah, same issue here, and I am also running Windows 7

Leladnut

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 04:36:33 PM »
I'm running Windows 7 too. Incidentally, the update worked just fine for the hubby's puter, which runs XP.

Leladnut

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 04:48:28 PM »
So, my son suggested trying to run the program as administrator, and it started up just fine.

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 05:12:23 PM »
It appears to be the old Administrator bug - it doesn't have the permissions to perform the update. I'll see what I can do about this, but in the meantime, the answer is to run the program as Administrator if you need to update.

Erydanus

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 04:11:11 AM »
Ok, but as soon as you run the i19 Mids not-as-administrator it pops up and tells you a data pack has been downloaded and needs to be applied. Is there a download somewhere that can be deleted? Or is there a bad registry key now?

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 06:07:57 AM »
It's the mhd.mhz file located inside the Mids folder that it is detecting. Delete that, and everything should be fine.

Leladnut

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 05:23:14 PM »
It's the mhd.mhz file located inside the Mids folder that it is detecting. Delete that, and everything should be fine.

I deleted it, but it's still popping up with the update message when I don't run as administrator.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 07:20:28 PM »
I deleted it, but it's still popping up with the update message when I don't run as administrator.

Need to delete it out from your virtual store directory.  Enter %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files\ in the address bar in Windows Explorer and delete any "Titan Network" or "Mids Hero Designer" folders there.

Leladnut

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 11:53:48 PM »
Need to delete it out from your virtual store directory.  Enter %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files\ in the address bar in Windows Explorer and delete any "Titan Network" or "Mids Hero Designer" folders there.

That did it. Thanks!