Author Topic: Newegg sale on graphics cards  (Read 1855 times)

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Newegg sale on graphics cards
« on: November 04, 2010, 02:47:15 PM »
Hey all, not to sound like a commercial, but Newegg.com is running a sale right now on desktop graphics cards, 10% off all of them, through Friday, November 12.  The coupon code for it is EMCZZYR24, and it will take the discount off at checkout.

If you're looking to upgrade to take advantage of that oh-so-sweet Ultra Mode, you might want to check out their inventory to see if it's time to swap out your old beast for some new hotness.

Hard drives are on sale too (promo code EMCZZYR25), so if you've got some spare change laying around and you want a new 3 TB monster or have been putting off snagging an SSD, now might be the time!

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Newegg sale on graphics cards
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 05:20:25 PM »
Are SSDs good enough nowadays that if you blink they don't die?

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 07:40:56 PM »
I've been using a SSD to load CoH for a couple years, and that's one of those ancient 100 MB/sec ones.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 02:24:26 PM »
Are SSDs good enough nowadays that if you blink they don't die?

I have three of them.  One of them is a Corsair 128 GB model, and it's been really flaky.  I had to RMA it once, and even now, sometimes when I boot the computer, it's like it doesn't come on with everything else and I have to turn it off and back on to get it to work.

The other two are G.Skill 120 GB models, and in the several months I've owned them, I haven't had any issues.

I guess my final verdict is still out.  I will admit that they are awesome sweet fast, though.