Author Topic: City Info Tracker  (Read 2305 times)

xXHalfSliceXx

• Minion
  • @xXHalfSliceXx
City Info Tracker
« on: October 13, 2010, 01:43:01 AM »
So City info Tracker is not showing required/siblings badges or what is needed for when i select a toon to see what i need.

http://cit.cohtitan.com/badgecheck/family/102/47034

Parent Badge    Badge Art     Badge Name     Category     Verified?
   Multidimensional    Exploration    Verified

Siblings Badge Art    Badge Name    Category    Verified?
No Siblings Found

Required Badges Badge Art    Badge Name    Category    Verified?
No Required Badges Found
[image=http://avatars.cohtitan.com/signatures/cit/u46070.png]

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: City Info Tracker
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 03:25:51 AM »
This one is an unfortunate victim of some workarounds we've had to put in place for side-switching.

The list of required/sibling badges is checked by the catch scripts when badges are reported as verified.  Any badge verified that possesses Required Badges would automatically cause all of those Required Badges to also be verified.  That's fine as long as there's only one way to earn the badge, but in the case of side switching, all Accolades with powers (i.e. High Pain Threshold) that you earn on one side will cause you to automatically obtain the Accolade with the same power when you switch sides - without having to collect the "Required Badges" list first.

What we were ending up with was people verifying more badges than they actually had.

There are a whole slew of changes being worked on for the backend scripts and code right now, but they're not ready to go live yet.  Temporarily removing all parent/child relationships from the database was something we could do to prevent verifying too many badges on side switching.  The unfortunate side effect is the issue you've just run into.

I'm pretty sure once the backend changes are ready to go live we can put the parent/child list back and get those links back in working order.

Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

xXHalfSliceXx

• Minion
  • @xXHalfSliceXx
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 04:17:38 AM »
Thanks much. can you post a link with this perviously posted information? i think i missed it.
[image=http://avatars.cohtitan.com/signatures/cit/u46070.png]

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 11:07:18 AM »
I guess it's sort of spread out over a couple of threads.

First
Second

I'll update the known issues list to make sure the broken Sibling/Parent window is documented a little more plainly where everyone can see it and add a bug report in our internal tracking.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov