Author Topic: Problem installing Mids I18  (Read 1551 times)

Vexira

• Underling
Problem installing Mids I18
« on: September 01, 2010, 06:34:51 AM »
Downloaded newest version of Mids, attempted to install, and the progress bar gets part-way before I get an error message saying "Error opening file for writing, etc., etc.". Tried hitting 'Retry' and it keeps bringing the same window up. Hit 'Ignore' and the next file that were to be installed would come up in the same error window. I have Windows 7 and the current .Net framework thing or whatever.

I've deleted the installer and re-downloaded it several times, the same thing keeps happening. I don't have Mids installed on the computer currently.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Problem installing Mids I18
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 06:41:13 AM »
Well, I don't really have any experience at all with Win 7, but the first question that always seems to be asked in cases like this is "Are you running the installer as an admin?"

Or something like that, anyway.

Seems like there's a permissions issue with the place the installer is trying to put the files being read-only or something.

Just a guess.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 06:49:36 AM »
Are you actually downloading the file and then running it from your harddrive? There seems to be a lot of errors thrown when trying to run it straight from a temp copy from the website. Mostly due to the "run as admin" problem Eabrace mentions.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Vexira

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 08:08:45 AM »
Thank you, I hadn't considered the whole 'Run as Administrator' option. I'm still fairly new to Windows 7, and am unfamiliar with most of the new features, as i've been using XP forever. I was able to install it successfully by running it as an administrator, thanks again for the assistance.