Author Topic: Updating problem.  (Read 1191 times)

dudleythedog

• Underling
Updating problem.
« on: August 29, 2010, 10:55:26 PM »
I haven't run the hero designer in almost a year so it tries to update. It comes up with a window saying a newer version is available and that i should back up my stuff. After I click it says that it has a user-defined breakpoint and then stops working.

I would assume that hitting close program would do what it says but another window pops up that and unhandled exception has occurred (the date parameters describe an un-representable date time).

If i hit continue then the designer appears but infront of it another window says unhandled exception has occurred again(object reference not set to an instace of an object)which keeps popping up unless i quit out of it.

Did I break something?  ???

How do I get it working again?

« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 11:22:31 PM by dudleythedog »

Derek Icelord

• Lieutenant
Re: Updating problem.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 12:05:15 AM »
You can't update via the program's download feature. Go to the Titan homepage and download the latest version from there (link in the upper right corner).
Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
Re: Updating problem.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 08:49:44 AM »
And when it asks you if you want to turn on the recommended auto update feature, tell it NO.  Also, you may need to remove all previous installations of Mids in other folders.  Somehow it was finding an older database on my laptop in a another directory and pulling from that.