Author Topic: Renaming CoH to Hero and CoV to Villain  (Read 3272 times)

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
Renaming CoH to Hero and CoV to Villain
« on: August 28, 2010, 07:06:29 PM »
I'd like to make a fairly major set of changes, so before I do, I wanted to make sure nobody would object. :)

When the game started, it was hero only. Then we added villains. To distinguish them, we did so based on the game, CoH vs CoV, because they were, in a sense, two distinct games. Thus lots of articles and categories named like this: CoH [...], CoV [...], Category:CoH [...], Category:CoV [...].

Now, however, the games have merged and you can even flow back and forth. Instead of separate games, we have separate alignments. If we were going with the old naming format, we should probably have things named "GR [...]" and "Category:GR [...]". Instead, however, we have Praetorian [...] and Category:Praetorian [...].

So I'd like to go back and rename the "CoH" articles and categories to "Hero" and the "CoV" articles and categories to "Villain", to reflect that they're alignment-oriented. Some example changes:

Category:CoH Accolade Badges -> Category:Hero Accolade Badges
Category:CoH City Zones -> Category:Hero City Zones
Category:CoV Science Contacts -> Category:Villain Science Contacts

Making these changes should be pretty easy to accomplish using my bot.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Re: Renaming CoH to Hero and CoV to Villain
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
Sounds good to me.  The only other thing I might point out is that there maybe some links to categories that would need to be changed, too.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 10:03:39 PM »
I would agree that it sounds like a good idea.

After you're finished we might have to go through a scrub-down to search for any references to "CoV" or "CoH" in the wiki just to make sure we aren't still using those terms where we shouldn't be.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 10:43:44 PM »
This idea gets an <$em thumbsup> from me.

Some work also ought to be done on {{BadgeNav}}, too, but that will likely require some thought to be put into it.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 11:59:00 PM »
Awesome. I'll start having my bot chew through some of them, then. :)

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 09:07:45 PM »
Several thousand bot-assisted edits later, I think I've made the majority of the necessary changes. I've left Category:CoH and Category:CoV untouched, as I wasn't sure what, if anything, should be done with them.

I updated {{BadgeNav}} to fix its links but otherwise left it alone. I agree with Blondeshell though, it really could use an overhaul.

If you notice any other CoH/CoV named articles or categories that could use sweeping updates, please let me know! :)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 09:40:42 PM »
Awesome.  Thanks, Sekoia.  Give your bot a robocookie for me.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov