Author Topic: Changes at Titan  (Read 3074 times)

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Changes at Titan
« on: August 20, 2010, 01:37:26 PM »
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 04:45:00 PM by TonyV »

Fallen Angel Eyes

• Minion
Re: Changes at Titan
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 12:07:43 PM »
Thanks for the heads up TonyV. No handoff of code? ??? Yikes. What kind of impact will this have on the timeline of the process? I wish the remaining team the best of luck, and thanks for your forthrightness about the current situation. I've been using this site and its resources for a few years now and I've always been impressed with its maintainers. No coding skills here, but I've always meant to sign up on Pwiki and help contribute but never got around to it. If volunteers are still welcome, I can at least help out that way. :) Good luck all!

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 02:01:49 PM »
Well, sort of no handoff of code. We do have code repositories in which code was periodically checked in, but one or two of them weren't up-to-date as they should have been. I don't want to convey that we're starting from scratch on existing projects, because with all of them, we have at least most of what we had before. The thing that is most difficult is the lack of knowledge transfer, but we've got a competent crew, and I'm confident in everyone's ability to come up to speed quickly.

A timeline will be a bit more difficult, at least for now. We think we just about have CIT nailed down, but I don't want to say, "A week," then find some gnarly issue that will push it out a month. Plus, schedules (especially my own) have this nasty habit of biting you just as you're in a final push to get something finished.

As I get closer, though, I will try to post as much info on our progress as I can.

Fallen Angel Eyes

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 07:34:36 PM »
Definitely understandable re: timeline, especially as we all tend to forget about that little thing called "real life" which pops up and can be annoying to our gaming time now and again. ;) I hope the transition goes smoothly! Thanks for being so open about the process. :)

Justice Avenger

• Underling
My Toons have NOT Updated for 14 Days, is this related to Re: Changes at Titan?

I have re-installed Glycerine, and tried a number of other ways to get my Toons & Badges to update, but nothing seems to work.  Please help.

???

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 10:17:10 PM »
Define "updated".

Do you mean that new badges you've collected haven't been showing up?

Or do you mean that if you look at your My Characters page, that none of your characters appear to have been online in the last 14 days?

Also, have you tried the workaround mentioned here?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov