Author Topic: Gaussian BU proc and toggles  (Read 1652 times)

MuonNeutrino

• Underling
Gaussian BU proc and toggles
« on: July 02, 2010, 12:45:18 AM »
The way the program currently handles the BU proc has been bugging me for a while. Basically, if you've got that type of proc slotted, when the checkbox next to the power is on the program assumes that the proc effect has gone off. That's fine for something like the FF recharge proc in an aoe. However, if you've got the gaussian proc in the sort of toggle that you leave on all the time, you get this massive tohit and damage bonus added to your stats that doesn't represent what would actually show up in game. Since I carefully track the accuracy numbers reported for attacks in order to ensure good hit rates on various levels of opponents, this gets annoying.

To work around this, you have to either turn off the toggle or leave a blank spot rather than slotting the IO. Both are suboptimal solutions, though, since you then have to remember to mentally add either the effects of the toggle or the 2.5%/1.25% defense bonuses to your stats. Things like damage procs are automatically averaged into the effects of an attack - could there possibly be some way to do this with the gaussian's proc? Or maybe there could be some sort of placeholder 7th IO in the set that I could slot instead? My own personal solution would be to go into the database and just delete the BU effects of the IO, but I'm worried that altering the database would lead to errors in loading other people's builds (or in them loading mine).

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Gaussian BU proc and toggles
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 12:55:16 AM »
Loading builds, it shouldn't hurt.

The errors that arise from changing the database that dramatically is if you do an update, there is a chance the databases can get mixed up and barf the numbers out.

You're more than welcome to change your database (as much to St0n3y's dismay) just keep in mind that all of your changes will be lost when/if you update your Mids to the next version (when it comes out).

And don't come crying to us when it does! (lol, j/k... you can hit me up directly in my PMs, I have no life I answer them usually the same day I get them :D)
~Steinerd

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 08:09:59 AM »
Er... why not use the alternate slots? Shift+Right Click the power slots. In one set of slots, use everything but the proc. In the other set of slots, use the proc. Then you can keep the toggle on, and turn the proc on/off with Shift+Right Click.

Two downsides:
1. If you're already using the alt slots for a separate slotting build (SOs?)
2. If you're slotting all 6 Gaussian's and the 6-slot set bonus is important to you (which it may be. 2.5% def to Melee/Ranged/AoE, 1.25% def to S/L/F/C/E/Ne)

Critical Ebon

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 04:34:53 PM »
All your concerned with here is taking a step back and looking over your final build right? Well then all you need to do is bear in mind the added to hit and damage from the proc. Make a mental note that X damage and X to hit are theoretical. With this in mind you should still be able to intelligently determine the effectiveness of your build.