Author Topic: Timeline...  (Read 13049 times)

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Re: Timeline...
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 01:12:58 AM »
Too bad we can't just have Manticore review the whole timeline as part of his Canon Fodder project...

Durakken

• Minion
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 01:19:01 AM »
Too bad we can't just have Manticore review the whole timeline as part of his Canon Fodder project...

That would be awesome ^.^

btw check out how far I've gotten, thus far

http://CityofLore.com/Multiverse/Primal Earth/Timeline

I think I'm about halfway done with transferring the stated info...then i have to go through any files I can to add all the info that was skipped over because it wasn't important to someone to put in... Like the last few items put in about the theatre.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 01:19:20 AM »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Durakken

• Minion
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 01:40:44 AM »
If anything, the second statement would actually come first - between 1914 and 1920, to be precise:

I read that as...

From 1914 - 1920 the Circle were looking for Oranbega so dissapeared for a short while.
When the 1920s came around the hedonism allowed them to perform dark magic rituals to help them find Oranbega
In 1933 they claimed they had found Oranbega and disappeared in the tunnels beneath Paragon City.
Because they had an unknown base location beneath the city it became hard to put them down.
In 2002 when the Rikti began digging beneath the ground the Rikti ran into the oranbega which made the Circle zealously take them down and claim oranbega

This makes the most sense as if they had already found oranbega they likely wouldn't have had a resurgence or kept looking for it or even bragged about it waited so long to try to raise the city.

one could also argue that they did find the 'entrance' as in they found the tunnels to Oranbega, but had no way of getting in until the Rikti came along.

Also note that it mentions that the "hiding magic" apparently didn't work on Rikti tech. This also denotes that it was still hidden and was not found till after the Rikti... other wise, why wouldn't the Circle just rehide the city?

Another line that is just plain wrong:

1930 - Paragon City, date estimated - During this decade, the Freedom Phalanx wages a successful war against organized crime [26]. Some of the old families result destroyed.

The Freedom Phalanx hadn't formed yet, and Statesman was finding the well at this point.

edit: That's another style thing actually they do form in the 30s, but the specific date is known and it is mixed between decade and specific year.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 01:58:09 AM by Durakken »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 02:41:45 AM »
I read it much more straight forward.

From 1914 to 1920, Zoria and the Thorns disappeared to search for Oranbega.  In 1920, they claimed that they had been successful.

They resurfaced in Paragon City, looking for sacrificial victims they needed to increase their power.

(Regardless of whether or not they had found Oranbega, they would not find many victims in the tunnels.)

Not anticipating the rise of the Super Hero (stated), they had become arrogant, thinking that they were untouchable.  While the upper leadership of the group may have been smart enough not to brag about having found Oranbega, there are always going to be underlings who feel the need to make themselves sound more important.  True or not, the claim was made.

The hiding magic may have been in place from long, long ago, or it may have been employed or reinforced by Zoria's Thorns.  Whether they had found Oranbega or not, they had obviously found a way to hide from the Dream Doctor.  I would find it very unlikely that they had mastered such magic and still couldn't find their way to Oranbega.

At any rate, I don't think there's a lot of interpretation to be had in the Thorns claiming that they found Oranbega in the six years between 1914 and 1920.  I think you're reading too much into it.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Durakken

• Minion
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 03:15:17 AM »
I may be over thinking it, but the further along I go the more I find that a lot of the story seems to be purposely written in a confusing way. There are "allegedly" and "rumored" points through out and some are supported while others are out right shown to be wrong. If you read through just a little bit though of the timeline I have been adding "rumored" to those things that are rumored and not backed up anywhere else.

So what I'm going to put is...

1933 - The Circle claim to have found Oranbega.
2002 - Oranbega's location is revealed to the world.

This states what is said without any assumptions being made.

Durakken

• Minion
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 07:20:10 PM »
Ok here's something... it's not an error on the Timeline's part but rather there is a contradiction in the information.

Circle of Thorns page says all this happens in 1933 in this order...

Dream Doctor Debuts.
The Circle starts kidnapping children.
Dream Doctor figures out what is happening and stops the sacrifice of those children on their anniversary.
Dream Doctor then forms the Midnight Squad.

Here's the problem
The CoT's anniversary is on December 21.
The Midnight Squad forms on January 9, 1933.

So... this string of events indicates that the events take place in late 1932 with the Midnight Squad and them chasing the CoT happening in 1933.

What do you think?

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 07:38:23 PM »
I don't know, but I did want to point out that this type of question is probably better asked on the official forums.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not griping or asking you not to post here; you're more than welcome to, and I hope you get the answers you're looking for.  I'm just saying that on the official forums, there will be a lot more eyeballs, including people who are probably intimately familiar with the game's canon, than we have here.

Of course, you also run the risk of having more noise-to-signal, but still, you're probably more likely to find the gem among the crud if you look for it.

Another option might be to PM one of the rednames.  I know that Manticore was serving as the Keeper of the Bible for a while, but I haven't seen or heard from him lately.  TheOcho can probably direct you where you need to go if you just reach a point of intractable impasse.

Durakken

• Minion
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 01:11:50 AM »
Another error seemingly found

1940 - Europe (presumed) - The Council splits off from Arachnos. (51 & 122)

Both of the references have been removed and I can't find any reference to this happening in the council page or the arachnos page.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 01:28:19 AM »
122 was deleted sometime, but I recovered it by going back into the history of the page (you do know you can do this too, right? Click on "history" at the top of the page and you can page through old edits). It links to Angelo Vendetti's in-game bio.

Quote from: Angelo Vendetti
Information

Vengeful Fixer

Angelo Vendetti is the scion shattered family of crime that can trace it's origins back to the days of the Medicis. The Vendetti Family came to ruin nearly 60 years ago, when the charismatic mutant known as 'The Center' plundered their criminal empire for money to split from the old Arachnos and found the criminal organization called the Council. The Vendettis have sworn vengeance, and have worked against the Council and its leader for nearly 60 years. Angelo is the youngest of the line to take up the fight, and is looking to make his first strikes against his family's ancestral foe.

It doesn't verify 1940, but it does verify the split being sometime in the decade of the 40s.

Reference 51 was never in existence; it's a blank line even when Yakovlev dumped the first version.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Durakken

• Minion
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 01:33:21 AM »
I forget that it's there since I like never use it...

Thanks.

Durakken

• Minion
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 11:03:54 AM »
Russia - Old heroes form powerful metahuman mafias which control oil in the region.

Worldwide - Metahuman mercenaries begin working for corrupt governments, drug cartels and terrorist groups among others.

References for both is the background story on the site which it seems is where it would be, but i can't find anything about them, so am i misreading something?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 11:23:26 AM by Durakken »

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 01:58:09 PM »
Russia - Old heroes form powerful metahuman mafias which control oil in the region.

Worldwide - Metahuman mercenaries begin working for corrupt governments, drug cartels and terrorist groups among others.

References for both is the background story on the site which it seems is where it would be, but i can't find anything about them, so am i misreading something?

You are misreading.  http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/Paragon_City_History#Globalism_and_the_90.27s

Durakken

• Minion
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 11:42:28 AM »
Thanks. I was missing or reading it wrong... fixes one point but not the other...maybe i'm still missing it.

Durakken

• Minion
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 12:38:46 PM »
Btw...

I've noticed this a lot and have corrected it in mine but thought I'd mention it...

"Early #0s" is put in the 19#0 date
"Mid #0s" is put in the 19#5 date

there is probably a "Late #0s" pattern too...

Durakken

• Minion
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2010, 04:20:58 AM »
2003 - Paragon City, April 28 - The Sky Raiders attack Paragon City (78)

Ref has no date... is it a anniversary event or something?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss

Durakken

• Minion
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2010, 09:17:37 PM »
So the timeline is now roughly done.

I need to add the rest of the "unknown" list, and then I'm gonna go through paragon times, plaques, ghost widow's journals... and a few missions i know that take place out of time... that might have more info... But, at this point it is more complete and accurate than the current paragonwiki's timeline.

So now that it's at this point, any feed back and corrections, would be much appreciated ^.^

And thank you saintnicster for all your help.

Durakken

• Minion
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2010, 04:16:11 PM »
Where does the overview Dark Astoria information come from? Looking at the history it says a "guide" but a look at the guide/manual on the site doesn't have it.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2010, 05:05:43 PM »
It came from the original Prima strategy guide, which, in turn, came from notes supplied by Cryptic Studios.  Several other zone backgrounds came from that book, as well as the later guide in the 3-ring format, though no attempt was made to reconcile discrepancies, if any, between them and existing entries in the City timeline.

Edit: Here's an old thread where we talked about them.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 05:15:36 PM by Blondeshell »