Author Topic: Wiki Help Again  (Read 2787 times)

Sin Stalker

• Boss
Wiki Help Again
« on: June 10, 2010, 11:48:47 AM »
I posted here awhile ago asking for help. I have another issue now I am hoping you guys can help with.

I am trying to allow uploads for .costume files and critter files and such so that comic creators can upload and share and have a database of their characters. This allows others to pull from and use.

The problem is that it keeps coming back with the same warning/message.

The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension. Please check the file and upload again.

The wiki is at www.cohcomicindex.com

Please let me know what I am doing wrong or missing. Thank you.

-Sin

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Re: Wiki Help Again
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 03:30:32 PM »
You'll need to add extensions you want to be able to upload in your LocalSettings.php file.

More info here.

Sin Stalker

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 09:27:08 PM »
right. I did that already. I get a warning saying the file is corrupt and won't let us upload .costume and cohdemo files.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 11:25:45 PM »
You have to add them to wiki's allowed MIME types. or depending on your server setup, possibly in the apache/php settings as well.
~Steinerd

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 02:20:00 AM »
You'll want to read Mime type detection. When I did this on another wiki, I ended up giving up and just setting
Code: [Select]
$wgVerifyMimeType = false; to make the error go away... but that's on a smaller wiki where security isn't as much of a concern, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

Sin Stalker

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »
So what it is, is I put that a .costume and .cohdemo things are text files and so then the system won't say its not right?

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 03:31:32 PM »
If you can get the software to associate *.cohdemo and *.costume files as text/plain, it should work without any issues.