Author Topic: Splash Screens  (Read 4134 times)

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Splash Screens
« on: March 03, 2010, 07:42:58 AM »
I'm considering adding splash screen images to the city zone template and I was wondering what feedback people had about that, yay or nay.  (The splash screens are the loading images you see when you enter a zone.)  I'd most likely add it above the zone map image in the infobox.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Splash Screens
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 01:27:51 PM »
Is there any function to this form? lol or is it just flair for flair's sake
~Steinerd

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 02:34:13 PM »
Aside from those images not being contained in the Wiki at all (as far as I can tell), they'd make a good header image to properly title the zones instead of the maps. (But I'd keep the maps there, too.)  I can do a test, if you like, and base your opinions on that.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 02:55:43 PM »
Okay, I've done a preliminary update using Atlas Park as an example.  The other zone pages will be minorly broken until they can be updated, but nothing overly noticeable. 

There are two pages that use the template (Lord Winter's Realm and Cathedral of Pain) that won't have splash images.  I'd like to make the switch optional to get around that, but I'm not sure how to do it.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 03:08:14 PM »
I'd like to make the switch optional to get around that, but I'm not sure how to do it.

Done!

Also, if you haven't already extracted all of the zone loading screens, I have them all in a folder for use as background images and can upload them when I get home tonight.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 03:40:11 PM »
Done!

Thanks.

Also, if you haven't already extracted all of the zone loading screens, I have them all in a folder for use as background images and can upload them when I get home tonight.

I do have the images already, but they are actual screenshots touched up in Photoshop.  I didn't think they were actually extractable because their files are set up different from the maps.  ???