Author Topic: Bugs for St0n3y  (Read 5568 times)

sweetpayne

• Underling
Bugs for St0n3y
« on: November 12, 2009, 06:11:10 AM »
Hiya St0n3y,

Just letting you know of 2 bugs in Mids.

Power boost for all of the Archetypes who have one are not boosting up knockback magnitude. I've quickly tested Blaster, Controller, Defender (PBU), Corruptor, Dominator, and Mastermind and none of them increase knockback magnitude (Noticed that it's missing in the database editor too).

The other bug is a little quicky. The mastermind power boost is a non clicky.

Thanks

Catharctic

Re: Bugs for St0n3y
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 06:15:06 AM »
The other bug is a little quicky. The mastermind power boost is a non clicky.

You found some time to rhyme!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 07:01:51 AM »
Power boost for all of the Archetypes who have one are not boosting up knockback magnitude. I've quickly tested Blaster, Controller, Defender (PBU), Corruptor, Dominator, and Mastermind and none of them increase knockback magnitude (Noticed that it's missing in the database editor too).

Power Boost does not increase knockback magnitude. Mids does not say it increases knockback magnitude. Therefore, no bug.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Catharctic

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 07:27:07 AM »
I just verified in-game that your assessment of that one is correct Agg; however, the description of every version of that power says Your powers effects like Disorients, Holds, Immobilizes, Heals, Defense Buffs, Endurance Drains, Knockbacks and more, are all improved.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 07:32:38 AM »
I just verified in-game that your assessment of that one is correct Agg; however, the description of every version of that power says Your powers effects like Disorients, Holds, Immobilizes, Heals, Defense Buffs, Endurance Drains, Knockbacks and more, are all improved.

That's cos it used to. The description is wrong. That's what it says in-game, so that's what it says in Mids. Mids copies the game exactly, that is its purpose. When the devs update the description, Mids' description will update.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Catharctic

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 04:03:58 PM »
Agg, I was just saying that the description is confusing on that subject. It wasn't a pissing contest.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 05:20:47 PM »
Agg, I was just saying that the description is confusing on that subject. It wasn't a pissing contest.

You misread me entirely. Never attribute emotion to my posts about facts, they're just stating facts.

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

St0n3y

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 05:52:35 PM »
[Stephen Lynch voice]Kids......KIDS.... now calm down kids.[/Stephen Lynch voice]  It's ok.  And to prove it is ok, you both are wrong and I am right.  I don't even need to say anything, but I am right.  Just the way the world works.   :P

As for the MM powerboost not being a click power, I will get that taken care of.  Thanks for the find sweetpayne.

Ohhhh, and how did you get out of your cage Cath?  Bad Cath, back you go.

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 06:05:29 PM »
If he peed on the carpet I am not cleaning that up this time.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Catharctic

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »
Oh, I wasn't upset at all. I was also just stating facts. I just didn't see the need for obsessive correction.

Back on-topic, that wasn't the only reported bug. Consider that one squashed/WAI . . . sorta.

The other still remains a bug. Thanks for looking into it St0n3s.

Not sure if this is the best place for it, but do we have an ETA on all these bug fixes you've done going out to the masses?

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 06:37:10 PM »
Please, attach random emotions to my posts.  It's probably better that way.

St0n3y

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 06:54:31 PM »
Oh, I wasn't upset at all. I was also just stating facts. I just didn't see the need for obsessive correction.

Back on-topic, that wasn't the only reported bug. Consider that one squashed/WAI . . . sorta.

The other still remains a bug. Thanks for looking into it St0n3s.

Not sure if this is the best place for it, but do we have an ETA on all these bug fixes you've done going out to the masses?

Waiting for something from Steiner, then there will be a new release out.

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

Catharctic

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 10:06:08 PM »
Please, attach random emotions to my posts.  It's probably better that way.

I attached a sensual tone of voice to this one.

Is that the way I should hear it?

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 10:20:33 PM »

Depends. What sort of inflection did you add to "attach"?

sweetpayne

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 12:22:49 AM »
When did they nerf Power Boost?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 01:14:18 AM »
When did they nerf Power Boost?
Power boost was changed in Issue 12
patch notes

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 02:13:34 AM »

Can you ask that more... sexfully?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 04:10:05 AM »

I have a lot of experience in the Player Questions forum. Answering questions before they've been asked is a common practice. Many people want to know *WHY* the answer is the answer. I see it as giving the answer to the inevitable question, "Why doesn't Mids fix the description then?" not as "obsessive correction" - I wasn't correcting you. I was supplementing your answer.

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Catharctic

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 06:03:32 AM »
Yeah, I understand.

I wouldn't have asked that question. Sweetpayne wouldn't have asked it either.

There's about a 99.9% chance that some random person who never really posts on this forum any other time would have, though. (<-- I'm being serious.)