Author Topic: Strange Graphic Problems  (Read 2777 times)

Doctor Is In

• Underling
Strange Graphic Problems
« on: October 15, 2009, 02:40:42 PM »
Since I installed the new version of Mids', I have been having these weird graphical problems when using it.  Black boxes appear inside and outside of the Mids' window area and obscure parts of the window.  These boxes seem to line up roughly with the background areas of the main window and appear during the loading screen.  Mousing over the affected areas usually reveals what is beneath but there are still remnants of the boxes.  I took a screen shot and was wondering if anyone else had this problem and could offer a solution.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Strange Graphic Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 03:08:45 PM »
Have you uninstalled / reinstalled Mids?  If that doesn't work, perhaps uninstall / reinstall the .NET runtimes?  I don't really know what to suggest for sure, that's the first time I've seen anything like that.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 03:41:38 PM »
Yea, that looks like framework gliching... I don't know ho well Framework 2.x works on Windows 2000 either (assuming your operation system by the very plain User Interface; apologies if I'm wrong).
~Steinerd

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 04:14:49 PM »
... Windows 2000 either (assuming your operation system by the very plain User Interface; apologies if I'm wrong).
You can make WinXP look like that by using the Windows Classic "style". I don't know if they give that option in Vista/7.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 04:51:32 PM »
I don't know if they give that option in Vista/7.

You can't.

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 03:05:13 AM »
You can't.
Dunno what you're talking about. In W7: Right click on your desktop -> Select Personalize -> Scroll down to Basic and High Contrast Themes -> Select Windows Classic

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 03:23:06 AM »
Dunno what you're talking about. In W7: Right click on your desktop -> Select Personalize -> Scroll down to Basic and High Contrast Themes -> Select Windows Classic

I was more referring to the menu being the classic style, with like the old taskbar or whatever.   Win7 always has that dock-like tray.

Doctor Is In

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 12:47:47 AM »
I am using Windows XP.  This problem seems to have started after I installed the latest version of the .NET framework.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still get the same problem.  Unfortunately, I need the newest version to run another program I use.  I suppose I will just have to deal with this problem.  Thanks for the suggestions.